Part 29

"I can admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong," Josh starts as we all gather around the meeting table five days later. The room is abuzz with excitement and anticipation.

I had managed to persuade Tay not to accompany me today; instead, she was at the studio with Jack since my schedule has been none stop since eight this morning, and I don't finish till after we shoot Kimmel later tonight. And while I would happily drop everything for her, Lanie would not be too happy if I spent most of today distracted by Tay.

"Everyone's buzzing, trying to decipher what all of this means. Some are convinced you're dropping a new album, and others are betting on tour dates, given Andy's recent hair transformation. Although they're puzzled because 'Miss You' is a yellow album, and your hair is far from yellow. You're trending everywhere, and each article about you is singing your praises. 

'Someone to You' has been streamed countless times—I've lost count. It was already well over seventy million streams at the start of this meeting. I'm sure the number has skyrocketed since then. Predictions have you topping charts in the US, UK, and globally this week. This is all excellent news. Adele took eighty-four days for 'Hello' to reach a billion views on youtube; that was the record before you broke it with Glitter in ten days. You folks have achieved a billion views in just five days on this video," Josh continues, his eyes shining with pride as he addresses the three of us.

Applause erupts around the room, a chorus of clapping hands and smiles. Honestly, I think the three of us are slightly stunned by all this news.

"Fans are registering in droves on the website, eagerly seeking any tidbits of information about what's next. We're a bit concerned the site might crash tonight after your interview. We've got a team on standby, but there are no guarantees," Lanie adds, a sense of urgency underlying her composed demeanour.

We're no strangers to this kind of frenzy, but the scale is astonishing.

"All we did was release a new single. I can't wrap my head around why people are reacting so fervently," Teddy voices the collective thought. 

"Since your candid moment at the MTV Awards, you've gained a whole new wave of fans. People feel a deeper connection now that they know you're real, that you've faced heartbreak and pain. And with the music industry's current state, your drama-free reputation is a breath of fresh air. Sharing your loss about Cora made you more relatable; you're no longer just distant idols. You're three siblings who genuinely love making music," Josh explains, the tone shifting to a more solemn note despite the accolades.

"Taking advantage of Taylor Swift's turmoil, many of her fans have embraced your music. Her ongoing feud with Kanye West is inadvertently working in your favour. Even a snake can contribute something positive. It's about time people realised her true colours and stopped supporting her. Honestly, the bitch should stop playing the victim and accept her career is over," Lewis, a member of Josh's team, interjects.

The words ignite a spark of fury within me.

"You're fired. Get out," I demand without hesitation, my voice cold and unwavering. I sit there seething, unable to contain my anger. The room goes tense as my glare bores into Lewis. The implications behind his words strike a nerve.

Lewis's confusion is palpable. "I'm sorry, what?" he stammers, his arrogance momentarily shattered.

"OSCAR!" I bellow, two seconds away from physically confronting this man. Oscar, ever vigilant, enters the room, searching for any imminent threat. This is the first time I've summoned him like this.

"Miss Nickles?" He inquires, ready to act on my command. "Please escort Lewis out of the building and ensure he's barred from reentry. His employment is terminated effective immediately," I declare, every word laced with resolve. "Is everything alright, Miss Nickles?" Oscar turns to me; concern etched on his face. "Perfectly fine, Oscar. Thank you," I reply, dismissing him with a nod. Oscar efficiently guides the speechless publicist out of the room.