Part 23

Three weeks had passed since Taylor, and I became official, and I'm doing better than I ever have. It's like she has given my life meaning all over again, and I feel amazing. It's not that I am living for Taylor, though, because I know that would be unhealthy. 

No, I am living for me; it's just that she makes a living so much more bearable. Tay has spent every second reminding me that I'm not alone, that we're in it together. I'm not even sure if she knows she's done so much for me, but I am going to be eternally grateful, no matter how we turn out.

That night in the pub, despite its ups and downs, is one of my favourite memories ever, mainly thanks to our night together afterwards, which extended long into the morning. Since then, London has become our hideaway.

We had roamed the bustling streets, delighting in the anonymity that being nobodies in this vast city afforded us. Together, we discovered hidden gems and iconic landmarks, creating memories that would forever be etched in our hearts.

It was just us and the city.

Well, us, the city, Oscar and Greg, but still, the idea was there.

I had managed to slip away in the morning just me to get breakfast for Taylor after our first night together. Still, after getting smacked by a slipper when I came home to a rather pissed-off and worried Taylor, I learnt my lesson and let the two bodyguards accompany us on our adventures.

She is scary when annoyed.

Our adventures had taken us to Highgate, where we strolled through the peaceful paths of the cemetery, accompanied by the infectious laughter of Auggie and Elio, who, by some miracle, I didn't kill for flirting with my girlfriend.

I had to constantly reminded myself that they didn't know Tay was my girlfriend, and if they did, they wouldn't act that way. So instead of adding their bodies to the cemetery, we marvelled at Victorian architecture and shared ghost stories under the dappled sunlight that filtered through the ancient trees.

My favourite moment was when Auggie asked if Taylor was still dating Tom, which had me actually falling flat on my arse since I tripped over a pebble with my crutches and went flying. I completely forgot about the English actor in all this, and a sense of unfathomable dread filled me at the thought that Taylor was with me while still dating the Loki actor. 

So when she laughed and explained they broke up in late August, I was filled with unparallel joy. I should have known better than even to consider that Tay would do anything like that.

High tea had been a whimsical affair, with delicate porcelain teacups and tiers of delectable treats adorning the table. In the opulent setting, we sipped tea and indulged in the art of conversation, sharing anecdotes and laughter with Nel, our resident social butterfly. 

By some miracle, Taylor managed to make it through the whole ordeal without mocking my accent once, which was probably because I told her I would speak exclusively with the same accent she did in her early career for an entire week if she tried to be English in a public setting.

I'm glad she refrained because if not, it would have made for an exciting week. I could just imagine the attention I would have drawn when we went to a West End play later that night, asking for our tickets with a fake-arse southern drawl. That would have majorly hindered our incognito trip.

A night in Brixton with Cara had unleashed the vibrant energy of the city's nightlife. We danced and laughed, surrounded by a kaleidoscope of colours and pulsating beats, losing ourselves in the rhythm of the city that never slept. That may have been my favourite night, but only because when we got home Taylor was very happy and showed in a way that I enjoyed very much.