Part 46

"It's been three weeks, I am fine. The doctors cleared me," I pout as I pull my hoody back on, checking my pockets to make sure I have everything. Taylor stands in front of me with a stern look as she shakes her head. "You are not starting rehearsals three weeks after surgery; don't be insane," she grumbles, making me blow out of breath through my nose. I don't know what to say without getting pissed off right now.

"Tay, my love," I start, pulling her hand into mine as I look up at her. She shuffles so that she's stood between my legs. "You heard the doctor, I'm allowed to start rehearsals as long as I don't overdo it. Grandfather has that nurse watching my every move. She is going to see rehearsals over and check me out after them. I'm not going to jump into it full force. I am going to take it easy. I'll start with sitting while I play or something and work up to full rehearsals. But we are doing some new stuff this tour, and we need to rehearse it. The twins need to see it all; that's how they learn, and the only way I can explain it to them is if I show them," I try and explain.

I mean, it's already February, and the tour starts next month. We need to begin rehearsal. Plus, I need to go over what I have in mind for the first show because I want to do something insane, and I need to see if the boys will go along with it or not.

"But this isn't about tour, baby. This is about your health. I love that you love music, but I need you healthy more than I need you on tour, baby. Squashy needs you healthy," Taylor explains, making me sigh. That is a low blow, and she knows it. "I'm not going to be insane. How about we take the next week slowly? I go to rehearsals but don't participate. I'll oversee the twins and go over things with Tony. Then, next week, I will slowly start to work up to where I was. In the meantime, you can supervise my workouts and watch me as closely as you like," I offer, knowing that it is my only option if I don't want a pissed-off Taylor.

"Fine," she grumbles, making me smile as I tug on her hand until she is bent over enough for me to kiss her, making her laugh as she shakes her head against my lips.

"You know what would make this day perfect?" I ask as we enter the lift, my hands clicking a button that wasn't for the roof, where apparently Grandfarther's helicopter was waiting for us. Apparently, driving back home is for plebs, and I am to rest as much as possible, so the helicopter is the best choice.

Taylor raised an eyebrow, looking at the button I pressed in confusion. "What's that?" She asked, moving to press the right button, but I just grabbed her hand and held it softly with a grin.

"A picture of Squishy. How about we swing by the clinic for a quick scan?" I gave her my best puppy-dog eyes, a skill I'd honed to perfection over the years. She sighed, but there was a smile playing on her lips. "You're relentless, baby. Alright, let's see Squashy. But just the scan, no more detours," she caved instantly, making me grin as I bounced lightly on my spot.

"You're like a kid on a sugar rush," she teased, glancing over at me. I shot her a mock glare. "Well, pardon me for being excited to see our Squashy!" I beam, making Taylor hum, her hand tightening around mine as she squeezes three times. Much to my disgust, we didn't get a scan when I was discharged the first time since, apparently, I was to go straight back to Grandfather's and to bed. Heck, we haven't even been back home yet. Taylor loved the Surrey house so much that she demanded I finish my recovery there. And well, you know what they say, happy wife, happy life. So I went along with it.

The second we stepped out onto the maternity ward, the air hummed with anticipation as we were led to the examination room. I may or may not have, totally did, have the nurse phone down and tell them we were coming after the doctor reassured Taylor for the thirteenth time that I really was alright.

The ultrasound machine sat patiently, awaiting its cue for the grand revelation. I helped Taylor onto the examination bed, my hand a reassuring warmth in hers. As she lifted my hoodie, exposing the baby bump, reality hit me, and I gasped dramatically.