Part 48

After everything that just happened, I think there is only one thing on Taylor, and I's mind.

A hot shower.

While the rain may have made it perfect in a romantic Taylor universe sense, it has left us both soaking wet and freezing cold. I mean, getting soaked by the rain in March isn't an ideal climate in England, that's for sure.

As the water ran down our bodies, Taylor pulled me closer. Our lips met in a lingering kiss, a sweet continuation of the moment we'd just shared. The taste of rain lingered on our lips, mixing with the heat of the shower.

I can't believe I am kissing my fiancè right now. I can't believe that somehow I got Tay to say yes to spending the rest of her life with me. Honestly, I must be the luckiest fucker alive. This has to be some sort of divine intervention to make up for all the shit I have had to live through.

I bet Cora is yelling I told you so from the rings of Saturn right now.

But just as things were heating up, Taylor pulled away, a glint in her eyes as she just looked at me. My displeasure was evident as I pouted slightly. What a tease! Things were just getting good with that kiss as her body pushed against mine in all the right places.

"What's the matter?" I ask, still pouting as I eye up her lips, trying to keep the tone as I let my hands wander down her body, earning a light moan as I pull her hips further into me, squeezing softly as my hands wander down and around to her arse, massaging it softly. My not-so-little friend is rather excited right now, which is entirely her fault for being so goddamn gorgeous. Honestly, pregnant Taylor, while slowly killing me with her hormones, is hot as fuck, and I can not get enough of her.

Taylor just continued to look at me, making me huff as I tried to kiss her again. "Wait," she mumbled, pushing my chest gently as she tilted her head. Her eyebrows creased together adorably as she seemed to think about something hard, which was so bloody adorable. If the Squashies don't look just like that when they're thinking, I am going to be so disappointed because it is even cuter than when Castle rolls himself up in a blanket like a baby burrito.

"You're speech..." she trailed off as I kissed her neck before huffing and taking a step back when she pinches my side. "Did you propose to me using a bunch of my own song lyrics?" She asks, making me pale slightly. I'm not really sure how she's reacting since her face is blank right now. "I might have," I mumble, swaying back and forth under the warm water as she just looks at me.

"You have written a lot of songs telling people how to get the girl. I just followed your instructions. The rain was just a happy coincidence," I continued as she just looked at me as if I was insane. To be fair, she did accuse me earlier, and she's not exactly wrong. "You hate it now that you know, don't you," I whisper when she doesn't say anything. Crap. She can't say no now, can she? How does that work? How soon can you break off an engagement after saying yes?

Is there a cool-off period when she can back out? Like buying a house? Oh boy, I hope there isn't. That might be worse than her saying no straight away 'cause she got me all over the moon happy with her saying yes, and if she says she takes it back now, I am pretty confident I will hit lower than rock bottom.

Taylor finally breaks, laughing as she shakes her head, her hands snaking around my neck as she plays with my hair. "You are such a sap, so cheesy," she grinned, making my heart start beating again. 

"That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I can't believe I didn't realise what you were doing straight away," she teased, making me sigh as she brought her lips against mine for a soft kiss. "You liked it then?" I ask, still swaying on my heels as I wrap my hands around her waist again. "Loved it. Best proposal ever," she grins, making me laugh as I kiss her again.