Part 8

"I, um, I know I told Teddy I was tired and had to get up early, but, um, do you want to come up to my room for a drink before you go back?" Taylor asked, looking at me with a smile as we pulled up to her hotel. 

"I would have told that fool the same thing. Honestly, how you manage to tolerate them is beyond me. We share over ninety per cent of our DNA, and I can barely put up with them," I dismiss her evident worry over me being offended that she had lied about her reasons for not hanging out tonight. 

"I would love to join you. I just need to ring the boys to let them know and say night to Cora; they may be idiots by they tend to worry if I don't come back when I'm supposed to," I finally expect her request, smiling at the sight of her smile when I answer.

Looking out of the window, I sigh when I notice all the paparazzi outside the hotel, clearly waiting to get more pictures of Taylor. "Tell you what, Tay, why don't you guys go round back, and I will go in and meet you at your room. Cause a bit of a distraction, as they say, so that you can get a break from these dickbags" I suggest.

 She seems shocked by my offer, as if no one has ever offered to help her out like this, and my heart breaks a little. Sure, Kevin is going to be pissed that I was spotted here in Kansas, but Taylor deserves a break from the vultures, even if it is just for one night. I mean, I'm not even who they are waiting for, so I'm sure I'll be fine... right?

"You really don't have to do that. I know you guys are supposed to be avoiding the media at the moment so that you can have time with Cora uninterrupted," Taylor mumbled, seemingly hesitant about my offer. Clearly, the two of us could talk about this offer for the rest of the night, so I made the executive decision to just get on with things.

"Gates, please drive Miss Swift and Greg around the back, and then you can go back to the hotel. I will call later to get a ride or figure something else out by myself." I direct, sending Taylor a quick grin before hopping out of the car, making sure to shut the door quickly after I'm out to ensure no one can see into the vehicle. 

This obviously wasn't my most thought-out plan since the moment I was out of the car, the vultures descended, and I had no guard for the first time since touring started. Safe to say, I am now appreciating the job Joey has been doing since we went on that first tour when I was fourteen. These guys do not understand what personal space is.

Ducking my head, I ignore everyone, trying to push myself through the crowd as I overlook the thousands of questions being thrown at me. "Andy, when did you get to the States?" "A, why are you here?" "Where are your brothers?" "Did you know Taylor is staying here too?" Question after question was thrown at me as I finally pushed my way into the lobby, my head aching from the yells as I walked straight over to the lift ignoring all the looks, I received from the people in the hall as I quickly called the boys to let them know I will be late. Saying a quick goodnight to Cora as I promised I would be back to go for brunch before the concert.

"Bloody nutters," I mutter under my breath right as Taylor's door opens, earning a laugh from the singer as she pulls me into a tight hug, taking me by surprise slightly before I settle into it.

 I'm not really one for affection. Growing up with two big brothers and Grandfather didn't really offer a lot of hugging opportunities. Still, there was something about being embraced by Taylor that suddenly had me craving physical touch. 

"You are so English; it is honestly funny. Who even says that? Bloody nutters?" Taylor teased, laughing lightly as she pulled me into her room, which had me huffing a little in mock offence. I mean, the way she repeated my words, that accent was awful, so on some levels, I was low-key offended. She can not do a British accent, that is for sure.