Part 47

"I'm sorry. I think I misheard you," Lanie gasped as I sat on the makeshift stage in the warehouse we are currently in. Somehow, Lanie found us an empty warehouse exactly halfway between the Lake House and Tay, and I's place, so that is where we are rehearsing. There is a to-scale stage and a mock audience set up, which is really a bunch of lifesize cutouts of Taylor that Teddy ordered and set up before I got here, which was hilarious. Or at least I thought it was. When I sent a picture to Taylor, she didn't seem to find it as funny and mumbled something about getting Teddy back, which just made me laugh.

Honestly, I am worried that if Teddy keeps provoking Taylor while she's pregnant, we are going to have a James and Cara situation between them. Although, truthfully, I find that idea more entertaining than worrying. Or at least I do right now. I'm sure I will live to regret finding this shit funny at some point.

"No, I don't think you did," I mumble as I finish writing down the set list for opening night. "No, I must have because there is no way you would do this publicly like this. I mean, it is adorable and subtle, but people might figure it out," Lanie grumbled, making me shrug. "I talked to Tree, and she said it's fine. Andrea loved the idea when I brought it up, and Scott, well, to be fair, I didn't tell him the details, just the end goal and that he is invited to opening night," I shrug, running the plan through my head with a smile.

"You talked to Tree before me?" Lanie asked, making me laugh slightly. "If she found out about this plan without me running it through her, she would take my head and stick it on a poll. Of course, I talked to her," I explain, earning a glare but a laugh nonetheless.

"You were the second person I told that I was going to ask Taylor to marry me, if that helps," I offer, earning a hum as she waves me off. "Well, I will tell Josh and talk to Tree, but I guess there is no real reason you can't go through with your plan," Lanie caves, making me grin. "Oh, I'm not telling the twins. I'm just going to give them the setlist. They're too dumb to figure it out, and if I tell them, they'll blab. It's in three days, and I don't want to risk it," I add, making her laugh as she nods.

"So, run me through the plan again," Lanie asks as she pulls a chair onto the stage and sits by me as I lay across the stage, getting my breath back after this morning's rehearsal. Not doing anything while I was recovering is really biting me in the arse. "We changed the set list for opening night. We talk after Rescue, No Matter What, The Village, Little Bit Louder, Unsteady, Yellow and Even If The Sky Is Falling Down. It doesn't matter for how long or what we stay, but there needs to be pauses there. We're not doing an encore after Everything Everywhere we are done. No one knows what's happening on this tour anyway, so there won't be any questions, and then on the second night, we will do the actual set list and whatnot. People will most likely think we are just doing something similar to how we close," I shrug, thinking about the plan.

"Then Taylor and I are taking the helicopter back to ours, where the rest of the plan will go down," I add, my mind racing as I try to perfect everything in my mind. "You have a ring?" Lanie asked, making me grin as I grabbed my phone and showed her the ring. "Wow," is all Lanie says, making me laugh. "It was my Grandmothers. It's been passed through the Kemp family forever. Grandfather gave it to me the day I got to Surrey after I was discharged, which is why he was the first to know. I didn't even ask him for it. I was going to get one made. But he insisted that she had it. I wasn't even sure I was going to ask before the twins came, but he made some good points, and well, I want this. I want this so bad," I explain, earning a smile from the manager. 

"She is going to say yes, right?" I ask as this all sinks in. "Of course she is," Lanie smiles, making me shrug off my nerves.

"So what are we telling the twins?" Lanie asks, making me shrug. "Tell the twins what?" Mick asks as he walks over, passing me a sandwich as he takes the setlist I have been working on from me. "We are changing the setlist for opening night. None of the extra stuff we are planning, just us and the songs," I shrugged, watching as he read over the list before nodding and passing it to Teddy. "There are a few overdrafts on there. I thought we were just doing one a night," he checks, making me shrug. "Just something to start off strong. It will create a buzz," Lanie pipes in, making me send her a thankful smile.