Part 36

"Hey, Taylor?" I ask, not looking up from the vast amount of paperwork scattered across my desk as I taped a beat to something she had been humming when she picked up the call earlier with my pencil. "Do you know how to play the trumpet?" I ask when I get a hum, pausing just long enough to ensure she is listening before continuing, "Because you sure are making me horny!" I chuckle, a proud smile on my face as I look up at my phone, which is resting against my water bottle. Taylor's face was a mixture of flushed and appalled, just adding to my laughter.

"ANDREW, Greg is here! You are paying for the raise I am going to have to give him," she hissed lowly, although that didn't stop me from laughing, knowing all too well that she had headphones on and that Greg couldn't hear me. "I miss you," is my reply once my laughter finally dies down. "Plus, what happened in the back of the car the other week was irrefutably your fault. Poor Greg is probably scared for life. He needs more than a raise. He needs some holy water and God at this point," I tease, shrugging my shoulders at the glare she gives me.

"I miss you too; this is all your fault. You could be here with me right now, but no, you wanted to stay home for Christmas. Then this stupid storm hit Nashville and delayed my flight," Taylor grumbled, making me frown slightly as I gave her an apologetic smile before looking back down to the piece of paper in front of me, which was currently blank, bar some doodles.

I am supposed to be writing a first draft of our set list for when the twins and I go over it next week with Tony and Lanie. The idea is that we will have a starting point, but I'm not quite sure what to pick this time. For the last few tours, Cora used to help us choose, so now that she's not here, I kind of don't know where to start.

"Love?" I ask again after a beat of silence as she sulks over the fact that we're not currently together. "Baby?" She asked back, her tone lightly mocking, which had me smiling slightly. "You're a bit of a Bill, right?" I ask, laughing at the little cartoon ATM machine I had been doodling.

"A bit? Baby, I am like your number one fan," she corrected seriously, making me chuckle as I shook my head at how excited she sounded. "And you have listened to all our stuff? Even the old stuff?" I ask, grabbing a green pen from my desk to continue doodling.

"Of course. Your first album came out six months after mine, and at the time, I thought we were the same age, so it made sense to at least check your stuff out, and then I was hooked. As soon as I heard Moments to Memories (Adeline Hill), I knew I never wanted to be against you at an award show," Tay laughed, making me smile as I scribbled the song down on my sheet of paper before looking at her and shaking my head.

"Yeah, right. Our Song would kick every song on that album's arse," I laugh, shaking my head at the eye roll my girlfriend gives me at my words. "What's your favourite song from Cries?" I ask, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, as I go back to doodling as Tay seems to pause, deep in thought.

"Mmmh, it depends on my mood, but lately it's been Lines By Line (JP Saxe, Maren Morris)," Tay shrugs after a second, making me smile as I jot that down. "Very interesting," I tease, sending her a smirk before continuing, "and from Mental?" I ask, glancing at Taylor as she pulls a slightly suspicious face before it changes back to her thinking face.

Her eyebrows pulled together in such an adorable way as she bit her thumb lightly while thinking. "That's a hard one, but it's an equal toss-up between She Don't Like Boys (Aryia) and 18 (Anarbor), both such hits I couldn't pick between them, so don't even ask me to," she shrugs a serious look on her face that has me laughing under my breath.

"Then, before you ask, from Over You, it's again a toss-up between Dangerous Hands (Austin Giorgio) and Bad Guy (We Three). Again, don't ask me to pick between them because I love them both." She states, which just has me grinning about how passionate she is getting over this.