Chapter 12 *rewritten*

The sound of trumpets and the clamour of voices fills the air. It's the final trial of the Triwizard Tournament. The last six months of fourth year had been a heady blur of lessons, studying and sneaking off with Draco to secret places to make out. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't the luckiest witch in all of Hogwarts. 

I glance over at the blonde in question whom is sat next to me conversing animatedly with my parents about what the impending trial could entail. His grey eyes alight with excitement, as he debates with my father about the importance of the hedges, the massive hedge in front of us and what could possibly lay beyond it. A smile places itself on my lips when I remember his plan for us to slip under the bleachers when the event starts to make out. I bite my lip while my mind wanders down a now regularly travelled path of daydream consisting of mainly Draco's lips and hands touching me in various places. I slip even further into daydream when the idea of sneaking back to my dorm room to do more fleetingly cascades through my head. 

"Toria, you okay?" Draco's soft voice and his hand gently squeezing mine drags me back to reality. A smile places itself on my lips as I look over at him, nodding in response to his question. The boom of the cannon interrupts our little moment, and the crowd around us erupts into cheers as a gap in the hedge opens to expose what appears to be a vast, sprawling maze. We stand up and join in the cheering as Cedric runs off into the maze. Draco glances over at me with  smirk spread across his plump lips once Fleur Delacour has sprinted off into the maze and the hedges close after her. His hand, now resting on my thigh, squeezes gently. I bite my lip, remembering the plan that he'd suggested earlier.

"Um, Draco and I are gonna go get some pumpkin pasties from the food cart, do you guys want anything?" Draco and I both stand from our seats, causing my parents to cease their conversation with the family next to them. 

"We're fine, thank you, sweetheart" My mum smiles up at us before returning to animatedly talking about the Holyhead Harpies match from last week. With that, I turn and start to weave my way through the other spectators on the stand. Draco follows behind with his hands placed gently on my waist. I let out a close-mouthed squeak when one of his hands wanders and squeezes my arse through the material of my plaid skirt. I hastily swat his hand away as we emerge from the end of the row and start descending the stairs, earning a chuckle from the blonde. "Not in front of everyone" I whisper through gritted teeth, hoping and praying that nobody witnessed that.

"But you like it... I know you do" Draco's lips brush against my ear, his warm breath sending sensational shivers throughout my entire body. I swivel around to face him when we reach the bottom of the stands, opening my mouth to berate him only to be silenced by him placing a quick peck on my lips. "Come on, let's hurry up, we don't want to be gone for too long" That all-too-familiar smirk emerges upon his plump lips and all I can think about is how much I want them on mine. He grabs my hand and hastily drags me towards the underside of the bleachers. 

"You're lucky I love you, Draco Malfoy" I giggle helplessly, as he tugs me into him and lifts my chin so that I'm now looking up at him. He'd grown even more over the past few months and is now almost a full foot taller than me. I habitually throw my arms round his neck, pulling his slender face down to my level. His lips ghost against mine in a teasing manner.

"Oh, I am... so lucky". 

... 

*A year and a half later*

Staring forlornly out the window, I watch the outside world roll by as the train ploughs through the countryside. The last of the summer sun shining brilliantly over the grassy hills, warming the land. Nevertheless it cannot warm me, as I sit alone in the compartment. This summer was pleasant enough to say the least, especially in comparison to the year before... Memories of Cedric's dead body appearing at the Triwizard tournament appear in my kind in an uncomfortable blur. Blinking rapidly, I look around the compartment and it's emptiness fills me with a deep sense of loneliness. Draco, whom had been my rock and my happiness through the pain of last year, was probably off in one of the Slytherin compartments. His absence is no surprise, as throughout the summer he had become increasingly distant, hardly visiting me or sending me owls. As I dwell on this, a sudden flicker of rage and curiosity cause me to sit up abruptly, and move towards the door. Determined to gain some answers, I open the door and make my way through the carriage in the direction of the Slytherin compartments. Glancing through the glass doors, I search for a glimpse of that familiar striking blonde hair and then I do, causing me to freeze instantly. My eyes fall on Draco. He's sat with Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle, who are sat laughing about something, most likely quidditch or their latest romantic conquests. However, Draco's face remains stoic, as his grey eyes stare vacantly out of the window.