Prologue

"Vicky, hurry up! You slowpoke" Cedric laughs, watching as I struggle to drag my overly packed trunk down the crowded platform towards the Hogwarts Express. I let out a disgruntled sigh as I brush my long, brown hair out of my eyes, continuing to heave the faded brown trunk along the stone surface of the platform and dropping it when I reach my older brother's side.

"But it's too heavy, Ceddy" I whine, letting go of the handle of my trunk in protest before proceeding to sit on the edge of my trunk. "It's easy for you. Your bigger and stronger than me" I huff, crossing my arms dramatically. Cedric chuckles lightly, ruffling my hair and steadily crouching down to my level so that he can look me in the eyes.

"Well, your best friend doesn't seem to be struggling" He speaks, glancing over my shoulder with a small smile. Instantly, I swivel around on the spot, smiling when my eyes land on the familiar silvery blonde hair of my best friend, Draco Malfoy, whom is proudly pulling his own trunk along the platform. His grey eyes widen when he casts his gaze upwards and spots me sat lazily on my trunk.

"Toria!" Draco shouts, grinning widely whilst he quickly approaches my current location.

"Draco!" I beam happily in response, jumping off of my trunk to be quickly taken into a friendly embrace. "How was your holiday in France?" I ask, after being released from his arms.

"Same old, boring relatives and that. How was your holidays?" He questions, glancing up at Cedric whom is absolutely beside himself with laughter.

"She set fire to the flowers in the garden and blew up our uncle Trevor" Cedric chortles loudly. I swiftly elbow him in the side, probably causing little damage due to my lack of strength.

"It was an accident!" I shout, correcting him and causing a slight giggle to escape Draco's mouth. "Next time I'll set fire to your oh so perfect hair" I grin mischievously, earning a smirk from Draco.

"Oh look, my little sister, a Slytherin if ever I saw one" Cedric jokes, gently shoving me by the arm and ruffling my hair once more, before suddenly freezing. "Hello, Mr and Mrs. Malfoy. It's great to see you" Cedric nods and I glance up to find Auntie Narcissa and Lucius stood behind Draco, looming tall over me in black clothing and pale blonde hair.

"Narcissa, it's good to see you" I hear my mother exclaim happily from behind me, looking over my shoulder I find that both of my parents are now stood with us, smiling pleasantly at the Malfoys.

"It's good to see you too. Well, we better get this one on the train. First year and all" She replies as the conductor blows his whistle, signaling that the train will be departing soon. My parents nod warmly in a bid of farewell as the Malfoys almost dissolve into the growing crowds of parents and students.