Chapter 6

Draco's POV:

"Dude, stop staring at her" Blaise whispers, snapping his fingers sporadically in front of my eyes. I blink rapidly and shake my head, dropping my face into my hands.

"I still can't believe that she said yes" I reply, astonished at the fact that I got Toria to go to the Yule Ball with me.

"It's obvious that she likes you. You two are inseparable" He remarks, shovelling a piece of cake into his mouth. I let out a long exhale and sit up straight.

"But that's the thing. I don't like her, I-" I'm cut off by arms suddenly wrapping around in me in a tight hug. Curly, light brown hair obscures my eye sight. I grit my teeth harshly. It's Pansy. "What do you want?" I hiss, hastily removing her arms from my torso.

"I just wanted you to know that it's not too late to take me to the Yule Ball, Draco" She gushes, fluttering her eye lashes excessively. I sigh loudly and stand from my seat, brushing my hands off on my trousers. She looks up at me with what I think is a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"I've already told you I have a date, so leave me alone!" I shout a little more loudly than intended, causing the Great Hall to fall silent. I feel hundreds of eyes focus on me. Can't people stay the fúck out of other people's business? Turning on the spot, I stomp out of the hall and down a random corridor. I was having a great day and she just has to come along and ruin it.

Walking through a door, I find myself in the Transfiguration courtyard. A small smile graces my lips as I perch myself on the stone bench that I was sat on with Toria a couple of weeks ago. I shiver slightly as a cold breeze brushes my cheeks, wrapping my arms around myself. Idiot, I left my cloak at the table. The sound of a door clicking shut causes me to jump slightly. I glance over to find Victoria walking over to me with my cloak in her arms. Smiling gently, I move over to allow her to sit down next to me.

"Blaise said you'd left this at the Slytherin table" She speaks, placing my cloak over my shoulders as I continue to shiver due to the cold weather. "What happened to make you so mad? Was it Pansy?" Toria asks, watching me intently as I pull my my cloak tightly around my body.

"Thanks, and yeah. She thinks that I've made up having a date and stuff" I huff, gripping my cloak when another wintery breeze hits my extremities. Toria exhales slowly.

"She really is something. I told you never to date her in the first place and what did you do?" She says, laughing slightly whilst I continue to shiver.

"Y-yeah, I know. I'm st-st-stupid" I stutter due to my teeth chattering harshly. It sounds like they're chiseling away at my bone.

"You poor thing, come here" She sighs and opens her arms. Slowly, I shuffle towards her and rest my head on her shoulder, still clutching the cloth of my cloak tightly. Her arms wrap around my torso gently. "You've always been weak when it comes to the cold" Toria chuckles, causing me to laugh as well.

"I'm not that weak" I reply, feigning injury and elbowing her in the side. Her left eyebrow quirks upwards in bemusement and I exhale in defeat. "Okay, maybe I am" I admit, sheepishly. Feeling my cheeks heat up, I quickly cover my face with the material of my cloak and maneuvering myself in a way that I end up laying down with my head resting on her lap.

"Are you blushing again?" Victoria asks, stifling a giggle.

"Maybe, you tell anyone else and I'll hex you into next year, Diggory" I mumble from under my cloak. A chuckle leaves Toria's mouth and she pulls the cloak away from my face.

"You can try, Malfoy. But we both know that you stand no chance against me" She speaks, smiling down at me. Gazing up at her face, I find myself admiring her natural beauty. Her beautiful honey brown eyes that glow with happiness in the winter moonlight. Her slightly tangled, curly brown locks that frame her pale face perfectly. I could go on forever.

"You do know that's it rude to stare, Draco" She laughs, gently poking my side. I sit up, making her arms loosen slightly, but they still remain wrapped around my torso.

"I enjoy looking at beautiful things and you're beautiful" I respond, smirking devilishly as she stares at me in utter disbelief. I gently poke her nose and she just stares blankly down at me. Her arms suddenly drop from my body as I sit myself up. "Anyway, I've gotta go. I've got detention with Snape. No thanks to you" I speak, standing from the stone surface and putting my cloak on properly. Her cheeks are now a bright pink. She nods swiftly, standing as well and straightening her skirt.

"I've gotta-um er, go study. Bye" Toria hurriedly turns around and walks away. The door to the courtyard shuts quietly behind her.

"I love you" I mutter under my breath, turning away from the bench and towards the opposite side of the courtyard.

......................................

Victoria's POV again:

That was weird. I think to myself as I hurry back up to my dorm room. Hopefully Charlotte won't be in our room to quiz me when I get back. Hastily, I run up the stairs to our dorm room and open the door. Apart from one of the other girls laying on her bed the room is empty. I breath a sigh of relief and walk to my bed, attempting to remove my shoes as I walk but falling over as I do so. Landing softly on my bed, I sit up and properly remove my shoes only to hear a sudden cough from the door. I glance up to find Charlie stood in the doorway. Shít, I straighten up and nod in her direction.

"Where have you been?" She asks, marching towards me. She stops before the foot of my bed with her hands placed on her hips in true comedic fashion.

"I was just hanging out with Draco. He needed consoling after the incident with Pansy, plus the idiot went outside without a cloak on. If I wasn't there he would've froze to death" I explain, laying back on my bed and smiling widely.

"Something happened. What happened?" She inquires, sitting down on the edge of my blue quilted bed. I smirk mischievously and tap my nose, before gesturing towards the other girl in our dorm who has been inadvertently listening into our conversation.

"Nothing. We'll talk about your magnificent plan at breakfast. I'm tired" I yawn loudly, stretching from head to toe before standing up and searching through my trunk for my pyjamas.

"Nope, we're talking about this now, Diggory" She insists, as I spy a clean pair of pyjama bottoms at the bottom of my trunk. 

"Really, Charlie? I'm tired. Mentally and physically. This week has just been insane. Can it please just wait until the morning?" I plead, glancing over at her sat on her bed. 

"Fine, I guess" She huffs.