Chapter 5

It's the day before the Yule Ball and I've spent the past week dodging Draco whenever I can due to the awkwardness that has existed between us since he asked me to go to the ball with him. However, I had forgotten that I still have to sit next to him in Potions and what is my last lesson today? Potions. I sit in my chair at the front of the class, twirling my quill between my fingers as I wait for the rest of the class to arrive. I'm mostly always early to class, as it allows me to prepare properly for the lesson and read through old notes that may come of use.

The chair beside me scrapes along the floor, causing my heart rate to increase and I drop my gaze to the desk before me. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch Draco as he drops his satchel onto the desk and sits himself down.

"Hey, Toria" He smiles and I lift my face in his direction, reciprocating his smile nervously.

"Hi" I mumble, biting my lip slightly and picking at the hairs on my quill.

"I was wondering when and where you'd like to meet up before the ball tomorrow" He speaks, searching through his bag for his quill and notebook.

"Um, probably ten minutes before at the bottom of the grand staircase" I reply, opening my notebook when Professor Snape opens the door to the classroom.

"Okay, I'll see you there" Draco responds curtly, before opening his own notebook and focusing on the front of the classroom where Professor Snape is stood. The lesson passes by quite peacefully with Draco and I occasionally stealing nervous glances at each other or asking the other for assistance on a complicated theory. Eventually, the professor tells us that we can pack away and leave. Whilst I am packing away my books Draco elbows me in the side.

"What?" I ask, picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. He chuckles lowly, as I turn to face him. I raise an eyebrow before walking out of the classroom. Draco following closely behind me.

"You should've seen Pansy's face when I told her that I had a date for the Yule Ball" He laughs, now walking alongside me towards the stairs. "She was all like 'but Drakey-poo I thought you loved me'" He mimics Pansy's voice and flips invisible hair over his shoulder. I stifle a laugh while we walk up the stairs.

"Really?" I ask, giggling quietly. He nods, still chortling heavily whilst clutching his stomach. "Wow, she needs to really take a hint and move on" I speak, as we reach the top of the stairs before walking into the Great Hall.

"I know. Do you wanna come sit with me today? I don't think any of the Slytherins would mind. I mean apart from Pansy" He asks, stopping in front of me and causing me to halt in my tracks. I bite my lip, as butterflies erupt in my stomach. He's never asked me to sit with him at dinner before. Could this mean that he actually does like me? 

"I can't, I have to sit with Charlotte. She's got this whole plan for tomorrow that she has to go through with me and if I don't turn up she'll kill me when I get back to our dorm" I sigh, pouting as I glance up at the blonde intently.

"It's okay, maybe another time. Laters, baby" He smirks, winking subtly and causing my cheeks to heat up. I slap his arm as we enter the Great Hall.

"I swear to God, Draco. You say that one more time and I'll..." I speak, glaring up at him and gritting my teeth.

"You'll what?" He asks, smirking widely as we stand in the entrance of the Great Hall. The real answer: Combust. Die. Internally swoon. Various synonyms. However, I have to play it cool. 

"Use your imagination" I hiss, before turning on the spot and heading in the direction of the Ravenclaw table. I sit down and let out a heavy sigh.

"What was that steamy stand off between you and Drakey-poo about?" Charlie asks, staring at me as she eats her food.

"Nothing" I sigh once more, dropping my bag to the floor. I place a bit of salad and some chips on my plate with a few chicken nuggets before picking up my cutlery and attacking my food with great Gusto.

"Well, it's obviously something. There was some serious sparks between you guys and you're exuding some serious anger right now" She continues, putting down her cutlery and watching me cautiously whilst I continue to eat.

"It's just... I don't know, he's so infuriating" I growl, still eating my plate of food. "It's like he doesn't know how much I want to jump his bones when he says shít like 'laters, baby'" I sigh, dropping my cutlery as I realize that I've already finished my food.

"Somebody's got some serious pent up sexual frustration" She speaks authoritatively. My eyes widen as I realize that I do and it's because of the hot blonde mess, Draco Malfoy. I groan, dropping my head into my hands in dismay. Why does he make me this way? "It's okay, there's a cure" Charlie adds, causing me to glance up at her quickly.

"What is it?" I ask, hurriedly. She smiles knowingly and taps her nose. "Come on, Charlie. Stop being a bitch" I speak, anger and impatience evident in my voice.

"Okay, you need to make out with him again or better yet... Nah, You wouldn't do that" She trails off before finishing her answer.

"I wouldn't do what?" I question, staring at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, if you guys did the horizontal mambo then that'd most probably cure your sexual frustration... but then again it might make it worse" She replies, staring at me to gauge my response.

"How the hell do I get him to have sex with me, Charlie? I haven't even gotten him to kiss me again" I whisper-shout, causing her to raise her hands in surrender. "I don't even know if I'm ready for that". I mean, if it was ever going to happen with anyone Draco makes the most sense. He's my best friend. I trust him more than anyone, but still... 

"It was just an idea, don't shoot me" She sighs, glancing over at Draco. "But if it did happen. Every girl in school would be so jealous of you" She grins, looking back at me. I shake my head in disbelief, also looking over at the blonde across the hall. He's laughing loudly as Goyle as somehow set fire to Crabbe's hair. 

"So is this the marvelous plan you've been meaning to tell me about?" I ask, curiosity finally taking over me.

"No, but it could happen because of my plan" She smiles mischievously. I roll my eyes and await her ingenious plan. "So what you've gotta do is..."