Chapter 13

A/N:
Merry Crisis (or whatever you celebrate) my angels, hope y'all had a good festive season. I know what you're thinking 'two chapters in one month, is she ill?' My writer's block is hopefully gone now, touch wood, and my uni deadlines are slain. So here you are, enjoy X

The brakes on the train hiss loudly as it pulls to a stop, causing me to jolt awake suddenly. I open my eyes to the dark compartment, sitting up slowly and attempting to tidy my hair I hear quiet giggling beside me. It's Draco. I glare at him.

"What? You're such a light sleeper it's adorable" He chuckles, patting the top of my messy hair. Wait, I fell asleep on him? The last thing I remember was chatting with him about what I did in the summer. I hear students walking around in the corridor.

"We should head out" I stand up from the seat and hold my hand out for him, fully taking in his dishevelled appearance. The top few buttons of his shirt are undone and tie removed, and his suit jacket lays next to him on the bench. His usually perfectly styled blonde hair is a hot mess. Draco takes my hand and stands up quickly, buttoning his shirt with his spare hand. Swiftly, he slings on his tie and jacket whilst I quickly get changed into the rest of my uniform.

"You ready?" Draco asks, standing by the door with hand outstretched towards me. I nod, grabbing hold of his hand as he slides the door open. Throngs of Ravenclaw students are walking through the corridor, talking excitedly to their friends about their summer holidays. Draco finds a gap in the crowd and steps into it, gently pulling me with him. We've rode the train together every year since first year with exception of maybe one or two times and we've now been dating almost two years, so the sight of us together is no longer gossip fuel. However, I still hear our names whispered amongst some of the Ravenclaws as we make our way towards the exit. Once we reach the door to the platform Draco lets go of my hand and hops out first, placing his hands on my waist he carefully lifts me down.

"I can get off the train myself, ya know? I'm almost a fully grown adult" I say, sticking my tongue out at him, as he takes my hand in his. His response is simply to stick his tongue out too.

..............................

"We went to Disneyland this summer, which is this massive Muggle amusement park in California and I got to meet..." Charlotte is talking at a hundred miles per hour about what she did over the summer as we sit at the Ravenclaw table in the Great Hall. Her words fade into the background whilst I'm looking over at Draco sat at the Slytherin table. He smiles at me, and with a sly wink picks up a piece of paper he was writing on and blows on it. A paper bird soars out of his hands and flys towards me. It lands gently in my lap and I hurriedly place it in my pocket before Charlotte can steal it.

"Yes, it's from Draco and yes, we're talking again. He had some family related shít happen in the summer" I speak, preemptively answering the questions that I knew she'd ask.

"By family related shít, you know he's probably become a death eater, right?" She nudges me, as I'm back to staring at Draco. Wait, what? I give her an incredulous look, and go to speak however she cuts across me. "Hear me out, it was Voldemort and his death eaters that killed Cedric, sorry I know you don't like talking about that but it's relevant. And there's been more reported death eatery things going on. His dad was a prolific death eater back in the day and has been arrested recently pending trial based on death eater related charges. It all adds up" My heart drops at the mention of Cedric's death and the image of Potter appearing dragging his lifeless body at the end of the Triwizard tournament flashes in my head. Draco could never be a death eater, could he? He'd never agree to something like that, unless... He was forced into it. I think back to the train journey and the way he talked about his father with such disdain and disgust. His father could've forced him to take his place and Draco wanting to always please his parents would've gone along with anything they said, even if he hated it.