Chapter 11

A chilling breeze hits me as I step through the door into the Transfiguration courtyard, causing my robes to flap wildly and my hair to look as if it's dancing in the air. I squeal when my skirt is blown up slightly, firmly holding it down. This catches the attention of the blonde sat on one of the stone benches nearby. He stands and steadily makes his way to my location, looming over me like one of those big muggle buildings. I believe they call them 'skyscrapers'.

"Wonderful evening, is it not?" Draco speaks, smirking in only the way he can. The top few buttons of his shirt are undone, and his emerald and silver striped tie hangs loosely around his neck. Hands casually placed in his trouser pockets and platinum locks gently tussled. I'd be lying to myself if I said that he wasn't attractive. He was the definition of a hot mess. Blood warmed my cheeks as I felt myself blushing.

"It's just a bit windy" I reply, another gust of wind blowing past us, whilst I continue to hold the material of my skirt in place. Damn weather. A low chuckle escapes Draco's lips. His grey eyes sparkling as they watch me in amusement. "What?" I ask, shooting him an angry glare in the process.

"You're adorable" He laughs, now smiling widely down at me. This causes a pout to form on my lips. I honestly don't get how holding down my skirt and giving him death glares constitutes as adorable by any standards.

"I don't get how almost being up-skirted by the wind is adorable" I pout, earning another chuckle from the blonde.

"I love you" And my pout drops instantly, just by hearing those words tumble so effortlessly from his mouth. A small smile spreads across my lips. He takes another step towards me, taking my face into both of his soft, warm hands and tilting my chin so that my eyes are locked with his. "Oh, you don't know how long I've been in love with you..." His voice now a gentle whisper and his forehead is pressed to mine.

"I love you too" I respond, instinctively. His face is overtaken by a huge grin, and I can't help but giggle slightly at how cute he looks at this moment. And then I remember Charlie's words about defining what Draco and I are to each other. So I take my chance and ask: "Draco, what are we?". He freezes as he was just about to lean in and kiss me. The question takes him off guard, which is to be expected. He blinks rapidly, gazing off into the distance for a moment. His Adam's apple shifts in his neck as he swallows nervously, preparing himself for whatever he's going to say.

"I don't know. I'd just assumed that we were dating" He mumbles and removes his hands from my face, scratching the back of his neck as he always does when he's anxious/uncomfortable. His eyes are dropped to the floor, studying the green blades of grass contrasted with the start of white winter's frost. "Um..." He goes to speak, but freezes, still looking at the floor. Silence surrounds us, but not awkward silence. It's a more peaceful, comfortable silence. One that you experience when you've been best friends with a person for for almost 15 years, and know them inside and out.

Eventually, he lifts his head after a while of thinking and staring at the ground. and begins to speak. His eyes locked with my brown orbs. "Do you, er.. wanna be my girlfriend... Toria?" Draco stutters, biting his lip and anticipating my answer. His hands take my hands in his. Grey eyes anxiously watch me as I blink rapidly, trying to compute what had just left his lips. I smile slightly, laughing quietly at the whole situation.

"Yes, of course" I answer, causing him to let out a long sigh before a grin erupts on to his face. Suddenly, he takes me into his arms and holds me tightly against him. Taken aback, I rest the side of my face on his chest and wrap my arms around his torso. I hold onto him with all the strength I can muster in fear of this being only a vivid daydream and in five seconds I'll snap back to reality where Draco and I are forever doomed to be just friends.

I pull back slightly to look up at his face only to have his lips crash down onto mine, causing me to stumble backwards. My fingers grip the fabric of his cloak, as my lips fervently kiss his. My eyes flutter closed. Our lips slowly move together and his hold on my waist tightens, pulling my body flush against his. The kiss quickly becomes heated, as Draco pushes me up against one of the stone columns and pins my hands above my head. He pulls away from my lips, before attacking my neck with a myriad of roughly placed kisses. A quiescent moan leaves my lips. And then, the bubble is burst when the sound of nearing voices greets my ears.

"D-draco... St-stop" I hurriedly whisper, causing him to pull away quickly and look at me in confusion. Before he goes to speak, I hold a finger to his lips and gesture for him to listen. His eyes widen instantly when he hears the voices that must be from the other side of the courtyard. I watch as Professor Moody and Professor Snape walk along the other side of the Courtyard and into the door leading to the Entrance hall.  Luckily, due to the darkness of the area that we're stood in they don't notice Draco and I. Once the door shuts behind them, I let out a quiet giggle.

"I don't want to witness anymore of your Tom foolery, Mr Malfoy and Miss Diggory" I speak, mimicking Professor Moody's voice.   Draco drops his head into my shoulder and chuckles uncontrollably. His hands rest on my waist, as he laughs into my probably tangled hair.

"Oh, I love you" He speaks, nuzzling his face further in my hair and gently kissing my neck.

"I know".