Chapter 3

I shove my hands into the pockets of my black skinny jeans, as a cool breeze whistles past me. He should be here soon I think to myself. Gently rocking on the balls of my feet, I wonder what my best friend hopes to achieve by meeting me here... alone. An impatient sigh escapes my lips as leaves rustle gently. I turn to face the source of the sound and see Draco emerge from the bushes.

"Sorry that I'm late, but shaking Blaise and Goyle isn't exactly easy" He speaks, smiling down at me as he nears me. I nod, shuffling my feet slightly in a bid to keep myself warm against the cool autumn air.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I ask, gazing up at the tall blonde intently. He mutters something indistinctly under his breath whilst scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry. I didn't quite catch that" I tease, giggling at the slight awkwardness. His smile widens into a grin as a light chuckle leaves his lips.

"Um, it's just that we never get to talk properly at school... Because we're in different houses and stuff" He mumbles. His voice is low and his cheeks flush a light pink. He looks cute, adorable even. I can't believe my eyes. Is Draco Lucius Malfoy blushing? A high-pitched snort escapes my nose, earning a questioning look from Draco.

"I don't think I've ever seen you blush before. It's... almost adorable" I giggle, covering my mouth with my hand. His face pales immediately.

"I'm what?" He shrieks, hastily covering his darkening cheeks with his hands in shock. I laugh hysterically, whilst he feels his heated cheeks with contempt and consternation. He drops his hands from his cheeks, glaring at me with his cold grey eyes.

"Stop it" He groans, half-heartedly batting at my arm, as I continue to laugh quite loudly. "Stop it... Or else I'll-"

"Or else you'll what, Draco?" I cut across his measly threat. He opens his mouth to speak, however the sound of leaves rustling in the distance prevent him from uttering a word. He holds a finger to his lips and we listen to several voices that seem to be nearing us. Draco's eyebrows furrow deeply when he realizes that the voices belong to the golden trio.

"What the hell are they doing here?" He mutters under his breath. Eventually the bright tangerine mop of hair that signifies Weaslebee is visible, when he emerges from the bushes, closely followed by Potter and Hermione. They freeze instantly when their eyes land on the pair of us. Potter steps forward with a look of concern on his face. I think it's aimed at me, but why?

"Malfoy, leave the girl alone" He speaks in an authoritative tone. Does he not realise how much of an ass he looks like? This is why I hate Gryffindors. They always jump in head first without assessing the situation at all. I snort, almost glaring at Potter, utterly confused as to why he'd care about me hanging out with Draco.

"And why should I do that, Potter?" Malfoy sneers, slinging his arm around my shoulders and gently pulling me into his side. My heart beat picks up and my cheeks turn a light pink. A slight smirk tugs at my lips.

"Harry, I don't think he's doing anything wrong" Hermione speaks up, trying to pull him back. She flashes me a look, almost apologizing for the rash actions of her friend. 

"Isn't that the girl from our DADA class?" Weaslebee asks, staring at me in confusion. The girl from our DADA class.  What did I do to deserve that level of specificity from Potter and Co?

"Yeah, she is" Harry responds curtly, shaking off Hermione and stepping closer towards Draco and I. Draco drops his arm from me, straightens his back and widens his shoulders, staring down at Potter's short frame. You can almost smell the testosterone in the air. Frustrated, I let out a sigh. Sometimes you just have to deal with shit yourself. 

"What the fúck do you want, Potter?" I snap, pissed off by his cocky attitude. Stepping around Draco, I step forwards and square up to Potter.

"That's my girl" Draco quietly mutters behind me, causing my cheeks to flush a gentle pink once more. I don't think I was supposed to hear that. I rapidly blink my eyes in a bid to recenter myself, raising an eyebrow at scar boy. Potter remains silent.

"No answer, then go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. I'm trying to spend quality time with my best friend and I don't want you ruining it" I almost shout, nearly towering over Potter and his stout build. He nods swiftly, before hastily retreating back into the bushes with his comrades.

I feel hands rest on my shoulders, so I glance up to find Draco grinning widely at me.

"And that is why you should be in Slytherin" He whispers, hugging me awkwardly from the side. Blushing slightly, I return the hug somewhat and we stand there for a minute or so in an unconventional yet comfortable embrace.

Eventually, we pull away and Draco starts running away, shouting the words "Last one to Honeydukes is a stinky Troll!".

..................................

Groaning loudly, I fall face first onto my bed in the dormitory after kicking my shoes off and almost hitting Merlin with one of them. I'm exhausted. Draco insisted on spending over an hour picking out sweets in Honeydukes and then playing hide n' seek in the woods near the Shrieking Shack. My legs ache and I'm seriously tired. As I feel myself slowly drift off to sleep the door to the dormitory opens loudly.

"So, how'd it go?" Charlie asks in a booming voice, jumping onto my bed next to me.

"Exhausting" I groan, rolling over to face her.

"Well, your make up is still intact, so that's good. How was Draco?" She questions, smiling down at me in excitement. I give her a pointed look, before letting out a long sigh. "Did you tell him?"

"No" I sigh, covering my face with my hands. "We just hung out and stuff" I add, staring up at the roof of my four-poster bed.

"And stuff" Charlie says, sarcastically. I nod, smiling slightly. "What?

"He looked pretty good in that jumper and dark jeans" I smirk, running my hand gently through my hair, earning an eye roll from Charlie. "And some how I made him blush earlier" I add, staring up at the Blue drapes on my bed and pondering as to why Draco's face ended up the colour of a ripe tomato.

"Oh, really?" Charlotte asks, inquisitively.

"Yeah. Also, Potter turned up and he got defensive. I swear, it was like third year all over again" I sigh, running my hands down my face steadily. "DADA is gonna be hell on Monday" This earns a laugh from Charlie. I glance at her in confusion, furrowing my eyebrows.

"He likes you, idiot" She continues to chuckle deeply.

"What?" I almost choke on air at the audacity of her statement. She nods knowingly and slyly taps her nose.

"Just give it time, young grasshopper" She adds in a deep, wise voice.

"Young grasshopper? I'm older than you" I shout, swatting at her arm and giggling.