Chapter 19

A/N: Hiya, guys. Sorry this update is late. This chapter was a bitch to write, as a lot of it is mainly filler/build up for the next chapter, which is going to be a double length shit shit show of a chapter, so brace yourselves. Anyway, just a heads up updates are changing to once weekly on a Thursday now, starting with this update. As I'm moving back to university on Monday, and it's just easier for me with my timetable. As always love to you all and hope you enjoy xx

A stifling silence surrounds us in the dimly lit room. Brushing my hands on my skirt, I stand and walk over to Draco, placing my hands on both of his palid cheeks. I pull his face down, so that his panicked grey orbs are staring down into my brown ones.

"You don't have to tell me if you can't. Just know that I'm here for you no matter what, okay?" I speak. My voice full of conviction, as I feel the nervousness rippling through Draco's body. He nods solemnly. Tentatively, I lean up and gently press my lips against his for a chaste kiss. His arms wrap around my body instinctively, pulling me flush against him in a comfortable embrace. "We should probably shift to the room of requirement. Your roommates are gonna be back soon for their own free periods or to grab stuff for lessons" I say, pulling away slightly so I can look up at his face in the gloomy light.

"I don't know if I'm in the mood for that anymore" His voice is empty and quiet.

"I don't mean for sex" I laugh lightly, reaching up and running my fingers through his hair. "But I'm not leaving you alone whilst you're panicking like this. So, you coming?" I add, stepping out of his embrace and holding my hand out to him. He nods, quickly taking hold of my outstretched palm. We walk slowly out of the dorm room and through the common room, which now has the odd 6th or 7th year hang about. "We have double DADA later with Professor Snape anyways" I remind him, while we walk along the mostly empty dungeon corridor and up the stairs.

"Oh yeah" He replies quietly, shifting his bag in his shoulder as we continue our descent up the grand staircase. I love the school when people are busy at lunch or in lessons, and it's just quiet. There's nobody barging past you in a rush, and you can actually get to where you need to be without bumping into people on the way. We finally reach the 7th floor corridor, and I start pacing in front of the wall, thinking hard about the room we always end up with and within ten seconds the big doors have appeared in front of us. I quickly pull Draco in behind me to see the familiar sofa and fireplace. Draco let's go of my hand, sauntering over to the plush sofa and immediately collapsing into the cushions. I walk behind him and drop my bag at the side of the couch, before placing myself next to me. He instantly pulls me into his side and I find myself nuzzling my face into the side of his neck, gripping onto his jumper with my hands. My leg is thrown over Draco's lap and his hand rests naturally on my bare thigh. A content sigh leaves my lips, as I stare at the fireplace in front of us.

"I love you" I speak into the serene silence surrounding us.

"I love you too" He replies, placing a kiss on the top of my head as we stay like this just comfortably, cuddling in front of the warm fire.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. What time are we meeting in the entrance hall for the Valentine's Ball tomorrow?" I ask, shifting in his arms so that I can look up at his face. His grey orbs shift from the fire in front of us down to me, and a smile tugs at the corners of his lips.

"Probably about half 6, if that's alright?" He replies, and I nod in response. "I have a meeting with Professor Dumbledore at quarter to 9, so I'm going to have to leave the dance for a bit" He adds. His voice oddly void of emotion. Thinking nothing of it, I brush it off and lazily rest my head on his shoulder once more.

.................................................

I am awoken by the sound of trunks being repeatedly opened and closed, and the excited chattering of my fellow dorm mates. My eyes flutter slowly open and I am greeted by Charlie staring at me across from her bed with Merlin curled up in her lap, sleeping intently despite the hustle and bustle of the room. 

"Breakfast?" She asks. I nod, yawning loudly as I languidly stretch out in my bed, causing my sleepy body to crack like a glow stick. I throw my quilt aside, and swing my legs over the edge of my bed, sitting up straight and stretching once again. "Oh yeah, I found a loop hole with the music for tonight" Charlie pipes up while I'm slipping my feet into my slippers. 

"And what is that now?" I ask, dreading her response. Draco sat with us at dinner yesterday and the two of them were conspiring about what music should be played at the ball this evening. I pick up my dressing gown from the floor next to my bed and quickly shove my arms through the fluffy grey sleeves. 

"Most of the staff aren't muggle born or are out of touch with muggle culture, so if they can't tell what the song is about then I technically can't get into trouble, can I?" She replies, excitedly jumping off of her bed. I roll my eyes and stand from my own bed, swiftly pulling my blue quilt back over my now empty bed. 

"I swear if you play WAP, I will report you myself" I laugh, following her to the door. She chuckles as we descend the stairs into the common room. 

"You won't really" She smiles, looking back at me when we clamber through the portrait hole into the almost deserted corridor. I guess everyone is either at breakfast, in bed or, like the girls in our dorm room, busy getting ready for later. 

"No, I won't. But only because I'm your best friend. Christ, it's cold" I reply, hastily wrapping my dressing gown around me and tying the sash, as we walk down the empty hallway. 

"Damn right, and I know" She tightens her own dressing gown while we begin to descend the stone steps of the grand staircase. We continue to chatter about meaningless stuff until we reach the bottom of the stairs where we literally bump into Draco. His grey eyes have significant dark circles under them and he looks visibly anxious, and his normally perfectly styled hair is a tangled mess on the top of his head.

"Oh, hey" I laugh, re-balancing myself as I unconsciously grab onto the arm of his emerald dressing gown to steady myself. His lips twitch up into a small smile when he looks down at me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hey" He replies, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on the top of my head.  

"Are you okay?" I ask, concern evident in my voice, as I reach my hand up and brush his tousled hair out of his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just struggled sleeping because one of the guys was snoring really loud last night" Draco sighs. A loud yawn escaping his mouth. I start to lecture him about getting enough sleep, however I'm interrupted by Charlie. 

"Hello, I'm starving over here. You guys are adorable, but I need my breakfast" She shouts, waving her hands in front of our faces and causing the pair of us to break away from each other, laughing hysterically. 

"You wanna come sit with us for breakfast?" I look up at Draco, still smiling as we walk towards the doors of the great hall. 

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" He beams down at me, taking my hand in his. My smile widens and we  walk together to the Ravenclaw table with Charlie. As soon as we are sat at the table, Charlie immediately starts chattering away about the ball later this evening. I zone out, plating myself up some food and leaning my head lazily on Draco's shoulder while she continues to go on about how difficult it was to get red streamers to decorate the hall with. Breakfast flies by comfortably like this, and soon we are making our way out of the great hall. A feeling of dread for the day to come fills me, and I can't help but shake my head in an attempt to shift the bad feeling.

"You okay?" Draco's voice breaks me from my thoughts, as we stop at the bottom of the grand staircase.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing. I'll see you later" I fake a smile and place a kiss on his cheek before running up the stairs. Something bad is going to happen today and I can feel it.