The Hero's Complaints

This was actually painful to make, mostly cause I was procrastinating but its really hard to make a coherent story when you don't have a plan. My fault but Ahbay13579 has been helping a lot in the comments. Thanks so much and I hope you continue to help!

"Your eminence, may I leave to the great forest spirit Aharthern" Shin, knelt toward the filled throne. I kneel next to him as I look towards the gorgeous woman in front of me, the demon queen of destruction.

"For what reason." She responded with near perfect apathy. Her gaze staring straight into our sources, inflicting an unnecessary amount of fear within us.

"I... I want to create a connection between the spirits and the demons" Shin said. Lair. I don't know why he wants to go but that is most definitely a lie. But I don't think he knows that himself. I don't know my colleague very well but what I do know is that he much less of a person then he is a loose collection of obsessions.

"Oh... I see, very well then. Go meet with Reno." The queen chuckled as she got up from her throne. Walking down the steps she lifts her feet and holds Shin chin upwards.

"Next time. Don't lie to me about the why." Her eyes glare at him with a small amount of her magic pouring through it, suppressing Shin thoroughly as he asks for forgiveness. Satisfied by his confused response she turns towards me. Oh crap. I Stare at the beauty walking towards me, her steps echoing against a nearly empty room. If only this was a different situation I would be in the opposite state of mind. Man. Life is tough for me. I start out as the hero for perpetually unhappy humans and then the dog for my dead friend's lover. Well not really a dog but not that I would mi- Let me not finish that thought. Why do you ask? Because of the sword that's floating beside the queen. The Noahdevenos, sword of chaotic annihilation. Built from Anos's shattered source, body and the pure divinity of every divine order in this universe. It is Anos personified, inheriting one of his wishes, the one to protect his partner. He said he would reincarnate but I never questioned how he would if he could with the shattered pieces of his source imprinted in Noahdevenos. Snapping me out of my exposition was the sound of Abernyu commanding us to stand, which I did with no hesitation. Looking up at the woman who was but a small tree branch away from direct contact. She steps away nonchalantly before telling me to join Shin to the great spirit forest.

"But why? It's not safe for you to be alone. You have a lot of enemies, more than Anos did if you don't count the gods."

"I'm targeting 7 of them today. No, it's more like they are targeting me. Why not give them the chance." She glanced towards the floating sword which moved to her side in response. The queen who had exude complete indifference to this point had changed drastically. Her smile lit up the room as she beckoned Noahdevenos who let itself be held by her.

"Go" She said while trying to hide her obvious satisfaction.

"Yes ma'am" we both replied at the same time and left. To be honest, I only said all the stuff about her safety out of formality. There's not a single being in this world that could even touch her let alone defeat her. I digress, I haven't actually seen her power but from her authority and Noahdevenos alone, it's pretty obvious that she's beyond what could be construed as strong. But what I'm more worried about is Shin. Why? Because he's terrible with magic; Seriously, he's so bad at it that even basic magic has to be chanted for him to use it. Thankfully or more likely confusingly, Shin and the spirit queen have a tight relationship so all he really has to do is call out to her and she'll transport us to Aharthern. Are you kidding me? A literal sword has more experience with women than I do. Okay enough mopping, now to get to work. What is my work? Just stare at them and flirt with each other. Okay they're not flirting but they have to have social anxiety or something.