Intrigue and Desperation

Bombardments of fire and destruction rained across the world from the great canyon, with screams of death reverberating across the many darkness filled plains. Monsters of all shapes and sizes devour everything in sight.

I float above the overrun world. It's only been about 15 minutes since the great canyon appeared and from what I can see, about 40% of the world has already been destroyed, source and all . Suddenly, flying bird-like creatures formed from the black sea and flew towards me at staggering speeds. It screeched at me with unraveled violence before trying to cut me in half. Trying. Only to be dispersed immediately. I did not do anything. Not a single thing, it dissipated on its own. Ignoring this I flew down towards the sludge that tore through the terrain. I stood on the ground right in front of it ready to destroy it the second it got to close only for it to stop.

"What is going on?" I remarked to myself as I racked my brain for answers. After a little while of thinking, I decided to walk towards the black sea which responded by falling back. Interesting. I turn around to see a humanoid figure dressed in gray. Gold etchings scribbled throughout said cloak exudes an aura of brilliance.

"You are one of the Lions of destruction, Anos voldigoad yes?" The man spoke in a raspy voice.

"... Yes, that would be me." I say analyzing the word he just said. Lions. There are multiple. Very interesting.

"You have been chosen for the inviolable selection. Please come with me" He bows ever so slightly.

"Maybe later, I have something to do here" I respond as I turn back around and throw a hundred <Jio Graze> at the inky sea only for it to be completely unaffected.

"Lord Anos, Your magic is that of a shallow world, it will not be as effective as deeper world magic."

"I see... but the body is the same is it not?" I say as I fill my body with magic and use <Kurst> to turn myself into my adult form. I then punched the black sea which was trying to fall back vaporizing it into dust along with the monster that was coming out of it.

"Well, that seemed to work but." I say out loud as the black sea slowly returns as if nothing happened at all.

"Umm, selection being? What is your name?" I say as I continue to vaporize the black sea over and over again.

"My name... is Aganzon." He responded quietly as he stepped back.

" Interesting name, were you a god?"

"Yes, the god of Frenzy"

"Ironic. Anyway, how long can I stay here?"

"The exact date for the selection hasn't been made; however, now that you have been found, the time for the selection is most likely to be soon."

"Hmm, can you hold the sea back for a little while?"

Surprised by the question, Aganzon mumbled to himself before breathing deeply.

"I can last 30 minutes with my current magic."

"Okay then, how about a little contract."

"What do you mean?"

"Borrow my magic to deal with the sea for a while as I do some recollecting."

"W-wait recollecting? What do you mean?"

"It's fine, i'll be back" I wave him a small goodbye before speeding off into the sky. I could hear him scream slurs as he tried his best to deal with the black sea.

It's been a few days since the meeting and things have been going quite well. Militia returned to the azure sky to help with the reestablishment of the orders and Kanon has been dealing with domestic affairs very well. Who would've thought that the hero would be good at handling the problems that have to do with demon society. Now, I'm thinking about it. It actually wouldn't be very different from human society. Even Reno and Shin have been hitting it off since I sent him to be her body guard until the orders are set back to normal. What? What have I been doing? Well I'm the official throne warmer so I've been doing my job since the beginning. Okay I'll be serious. I've been trying to get more information out of Arcana but I've been having no luck. I thought she was some unflappable deity but in reality, she's a stuck up NEET with a lot of trauma and a lot of strength. All she's been doing for the past few days is just walk around the castle and lecturing me about the metaphysics of deeper magic, which is very useful but it's not what I'm looking for.