Insane

Luke watched as the couple shared a loving kiss. Jealousy burned through him like a fire. He could practically hear them both as they muttered their 'I love you's'. It was sickening and hatred towards the red head consumed his every thought.

"Kill him." He spun around to see his own personal demon smirking maliciously at him. "He took what was ours, he deserves to die."

His heart was racing in his chest as he heard that one voice he dreaded. "Go away Lucas." He muttered, squeezing his eyes shut and opening them to see Lucas still there. It was like looking in a mirror, Lucas was an exact carbon copy of himself except he had piercings, tattoos and black hair.

"Look at them Luke. He's kissing, touching something that's ours, not his." Lucas hissed. "Kill Michael Clifford, he deserves to die Luke."

Luke shook his head, "No, no killing is bad." Another pang of jealousy ran through him as he saw the couple kiss again but then reminded himself that Calum wasn't his.

"He deserves it. What happens if he hurts Calum? He can be hurting him right now."

He backed away from the window, letting the blinds close shut. He leant against the wall, slowly sliding down until his butt hit the floor, his knees pulled to his chest. "No, he'll treat Calum right, he'll treat him right, he'll treat him right." It was like he was trying to assure himself as he muttered those words over and over.

"But we can treat him better." Lucas said, cutting him off mid sentence. "We can get rid of-" He pressed his hands over his ears, rocking back and forth, trying to block out whatever Lucas said as he continued to mutter those words.

The small orange bottle on the table caught his eye, making him stop rocking and muttering the little mantra he had just created. Lucas followed his eye movement and an angry huff left his lips. "That's poison Luke! They're trying to kill us! They want to hurt us, don't take those fucking pills!"

He remembered what the doctor told him when he prescribed him those pills, Schizophrenic. They said that Lucas wasn't real, that it was all just a figment of his imagination and proceeded to write a prescription of pills. Lucas was pissed that day, shouting at him the whole time he drove to the pharmacy. "Luke! Are you listening?! Don't take those fucking pills!"

"Poison, they're poison right?" He asked, looking up at Lucas for confirmation.

"Right." Lucas said, nodding his head with a proud smirk on his face. The sound of laughter made him flinch. "We should be the one making Calum laugh, not Michael." Lucas spat. "Don't you want to be the one that makes Calum laugh?"

"Y-Yes." He stuttered, flinching as he heard that enchanting laugh again.

"Don't you want to be the reason why Calum smiles so much?" Lucas demanded. He stuttered out another 'yes'. "Then kill Michael fucking Clifford! Kill that fucking bastard that stole what's ours. He's the thing that's stopping us from getting Calum. He doesn't want us to get Calum, he's doing this on purpose Luke!"

He looked at Lucas in shock before the anger took over. "He's doing this on purpose?" Calum was his and someone was purposefully trying to keep the beautiful brunette away from him.

"Yes! He wants us to suffer Luke! He took Calum away but we can get him back! All you have to do is kill him." Lucas promised.

"Okay." He was going to get what was his back from the person that stole the brunette from him.

--

Weeks of planning had led him to this. He knew that the brunette was out for the night which left Michael all alone in the house.