Chapter 9 - I'm doing it right

Ariana's POV

It's really super hard to not talk to Louis for at least one day. The only reason is he sitted beside me in every classes.

Great!

How i wish i could change seat to stay away from him. It's really sickening that every time the teachers wanted us to do a group or pair discussion. Can they just at least one day don't make us do a group or pair discussion? Really.

Well, to be honest it's kind of funny to do this way. When Louis spoke to me, i did listen to him but i tried to avoid eye contact with him. That's the challenging part. Very awkward.

Right now, another pair discussion. I feel like running away from this hell.

"Ana, are you alright?" Louis asked.

"Y-yeah... I'm fine..." I lied to him.

I started to twirl my pen using my fingers while listening to Louis' talk again(coz i think that's the only way that i could distract myself from making eye contact with him).

The pen flies and drop in between our chairs we sitted on.

Gosh, i twirled to fast!

Louis stopped his talking and he almost laugh. He tried to control his laughter by covering his mouth.

Yaaa it's soooooooo funny....

I did not know he wanted to pick it up for me. Until, both of us bend down to reach for the pen and got knocked by each others' forehead.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my forehead, trying to soothe down the pain. Louis did the same too.

"I'm sorry..." He apologised.

"It's fine..." I answered plainly.

Our discussion stopped right after the incident. We did not talk to each other from that moment.

I don't know why is that so....

I hurriedly pack my bag after the school bell rang then went off.

Louis' POV

Ariana was so desperate to leave the class that she packed her bag quickly.

Whoaaa.... She really wanted to avoid me....

I watched her leave the class as i let out a sigh.

I almost shot up from my seat when i caught something from the side of my eye. A book that was left on Ariana's chair. It might be her's.

I scurried away to find her before she left the school. When i reached the gate, i saw Ariana already boarded the bus and left.. No chance to return back to her.

Should i go to her house or return to her tomorrow?

I would rather give it to Ariana tomorrow. Her sister might be at home and i do not want to face her. It would burn my eyes into flames.

I trudged over to my car at the parking lot while glancing at the book. This book might be her diary. If what i guess is right, should i read it? I really wanted to know if she likes me or not.

I get in my car, closing the door then glance at the book again.

I don't even have the right to read her diary(if it is).

My hand flipped open the book cover to reveal her name and a date. The date was design with a lot of balloons around and two birthday cakes each side of it.

23rd October..... Maybe it's her birthday...

I am very sure that that's the date of her birthday. If not, why she drew all stuffs that related to birthday? In addition, twenty third of October is in the next two days. Ariana must be really excited about it.