Chapter 10 - Something is not right

Ariana's POV

I stared myself at the mirror, looking at how ugly i am. My eyes look like panda eyes due to lack of sleep. I couldn't sleep very well last night. Something is not right that make me feel so uneasy. Probably i will be very sleepy during classes.

I tied up my hair into a messy bun then put on my round glasses.

Once i'm done, i went to the kitchen for breakfast. Dad was at the counter making his own coffee while staring at the blank wall.

"Dad, are you alright?" He was still day dreaming until i tap his shoulder. "Dad, are you alright?" I repeated again.

"Yeah, i'm uh fine." Dad stammered.

It's really strange. He has been looking all sorrow since yesterday when he told me about the matter. I'm getting so worried about him.

"But you don't look okay, Dad."

"No, dear. I'm okay." He drank his coffee after speaking. "Ana, i got to go right now and i'm really sorry about yesterday. Remember, Ana. I'll always love all of you no matter what. I'm sure Mum and Sheryl will change one day."

One day? But when?

Dad voice was shaking when he speaks. His eyes looks like he's going to cry anytime soon. He embraced me into a really tight hug and kissed me on my forehead. I responded to the hug, hugging his waist even tighter.

"Be a good girl and always be strong." He whispered to my ear.

"Thank you, Dad. I love you..."

"Love you too, Ariana Carissa Victor." Dad broke the hug and went off.

I felt that his steps were so heavy that he didn't want to leave. Dad keep on turning back, waving a goodbye to me with a very warm yet weak smile. I returned the wave until he fully left.

-

During Mathematics class

I couldn't concentrate during class. Whatever the teacher said only comes in from my right ear and comes out on the left. Nothing absorbed in my mind. I only watch Mr James talking and babbling non-stop.

Louis' POV

Ariana seems to look restless today. She started to play with her pen, twirling it, tapping it on her cheek. I can tell that she looks so bored(?) from her face expression. Ariana usually don't act like these. She's the type of person who really wants to learn.

But..... What happen to her today?

"Ana, are you alright?" I asked her. Ariana shook her head. "You're not?"

"No no! I uh i'm ok yeah alright..." I rolled my eyes, knowing that she lied to me.

I watched her, resting her chin on her palm while twirling her pen.

"You gotta stop twirling that pen before it flies again." I whispered with a chuckle, trying to sound like a joke.

Ariana put down her pen then leaned back on her chair, showing her 'give up' face. She pushed up her round specs then scratched her head.

"Ariana, tell me if there's anything wrong." I whispered to her once again.

She looked at me as if she was disbelief. Our eyes were laying on each other. Looking deeply into each others' eyes.

"Oi!" A crushed paper was thrown over to us.

"Eeeew soooo romantic!" A guy behind us teased.

All the students started to make a lot of noises. Her face turned red like a tomato. Looking embarrased mixed with blushing.

"Class, class, class! Get back to the topic! Ariana and Louis, you better stop it before i send both of you for detention." Mr James warned us.

-

Ariana's POV

After the class ended, i immediately make my way to the locker to take my textbooks. I was about to unlock my locker when i saw Sheryl crying. She was running to her car.

Why she cried?

I ran over to her, wanting to ask her what happen. Before she could open the door, "Sheryl, why are you crying?" I asked in concern.

"Move away! This is all you fault!" She pushed me to the ground which i managed to prevent myself from hitting my head onto the ground since my hands landed first. Sheryl drove away, leaving me there.

I didn't realise my left palm was bleeding from the contact of the ground.

Gosh, another injury.

I almost step forward to make my way to the toilet when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Ariana Carissa daughter of Mr. Victor?"

"Yes, i am Ariana Carissa. Who are you?"

"I am from the hospital and we have a bad news for you."

"What is it?!"

"Mr Victor.........."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!

Omg what happen to her father?! You guys can guess?

So i managed to type another chapter before i go for holiday. Hehehe. Thank you for reading my book and i appreciate it. Continue to read and vote! Do give me some feedback if you don't mind XD HEHEHE

Alright, got to go. Next chapter will be next week. Like i said before, maybe two chapters specially for all of you.

Buhbye!

~HollieTomlin