Chapter Four: 𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓰𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓼 𝓸𝓾𝓽

𝓥𝓞𝓣𝓔 𝓞𝓡 𝓒𝓞𝓜𝓜𝓔𝓝𝓣!!

a month later:

narrator:

sitting on the bleachers after practice with her best friend sophia watching derek and his teammates practice in the gym, her twin Junyor being one of them. "you say the three letter word yet?" sophia asks her friend. julie looks at her. 'what are you talking about?' "Julie, you know what i mean." she looks at derek on the court dribbling the ball and moving past his teammates and shooting in the basket. 'oh no we haven't.' she shakes her head and looks at her friend. 'we aren't even dating.' sophia looks at her. "well do you love him?" she looks back over to the boys on the court. 'i honestly don't know. never really felt anything for anyone.' she shrugs her shoulders. "well rumor has it he's in love with you." julie raises her eyebrow and shakes her head smiling. 'yeah right. nice joke sophia.' "no Julie, I'm serious." she grabs her hand. who looks at her. "i've heard it from him. he admitted it to me and your brother. so how do you feel?" julie looks over to derek she watches him for a second and looks back to her friend. 'i'm just afraid to love. cause everyone ends up dead around me.' sophia looks at her with a guilty face. "Julie, I'm sorry. but that won't ever happen okay." she nods at her friend. but she knows it could happen.

"you know about me and Dalia now if you ever need us just call." sophia grabs julie's hands and holds them. "i will always have your back. no matter if we're friends or not anymore. and if you live hours away i know spells that can make me appear there fast." julie smiles at sophia. 'you're the best sof.' "i know right." she lets go of julie's hands the two girls both laugh and keep talking but always watch the boys practice but mostly talk.

Derek's POV.

after practice me and my teammates gather around. "hey derek you're with that Palmer girl a lot. you two a thing?" Luke asks looking towards me then looks over to her. Junyor her brother is right behind me. i see julie sitting there with sophia on the bleachers laughing. i look back to Luke. "no she's my best friend." she is my best friend and I have feelings for her. i'm just scared to admit it to my friends and to myself. i don't want to ruin our friendship. "so you wouldn't mind if i got her into bed tonight?" Luke says smiling. i glare at him. "the hell did you just say?" junyor looks at him with a heated look beside me. "you touch her. i will kill you." i say walking up to him pointing. "wouldn't even get the chance." Luke says smiling as he walks off hitting my shoulder. fucking dick. you won't get to my girl. wait did i just call julie my girl?

Julie's POV.

sophia says goodbye to me and as she walks out of the gym. i stand in front of the bleachers waiting for derek like i do almost everyday. since we became close friends.

narrator:

derek would've done something to stop luke going over to her but he promised julie he wouldn't start a fight unless its needed or if she says the words „kick their ass" or she gives him a nod or the look. only him and her brother know. but before derek comes over Luke stops in front of her.

Julie's POV.

just minding my own business and the dude who tries to hard but i say he's just a dick. he walks up to me. "hey good looking." he looks me up and down i roll my eyes. 'what do you want Luke?' "you, me, date, then my bed." he clicks his tongue and does hand guns as he winks. 'yeah no thanks.' i say as i twirl my bracelet around that derek gave me with a 'D' on it. i try to move but he stands in front of me not letting me. 'will you move you lard ass!' i say out loud where everyone who's still in the gym can hear. he just crosses his arms. "no!" he says, smiling at me like a total idiot. i look over and see derek.