Chapter Nine: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮

𝓥𝓞𝓣𝓔 𝓸𝓻 𝓒𝓞𝓜𝓜𝓔𝓝𝓣

Jazelle's POV.

in the parking lot of our kids school. don't want to go home so the rest of our kids don't hear what Julie and I just found out. i'm sitting in the drivers seat holding onto the steering wheel not looking at him. "how could you?" my voice breaks as tears fall down my face. i slowly look at him. "i'm not the bad guy Ellie." is all he says. i shake my head and turn it back forward.

"but you are the bad guy Jeremy." i pause for a moment then look at him. "you tried to turn our daughter but she didn't survive it. and you straight up lied when you said you didn't get there in time. when you were there the whole time. you killed our daughter." more tears just fall down my face i really want to just kill my husband right here for what he did to my baby. and now my Julie is just like him. the thing i never wanted for any of my children. i don't want them to be monsters like him.

"i never wanted any of our children to be like you." i keep a straight face while i look at him. "but that didn't matter to you." i start the car. "but if you try to turn Julie to be like you i'll kill you! no hesitation! my kids mean more to me than a man ever will." i put the car in drive and get out of the parking lot. "i didn't mean to hurt her Ellie." he finally speaks up. i don't look at him i just keep driving. "yeah you did." is all i say as i keep my eyes on the road. he sighs.

"i wasn't myself darling. i'm so sorry. i don't know what got into me. to hurt them. i'll never forgive myself." i finally look at him. "im not buying your bullshit jeremy. it looks like you did forgive yourself because you lie. you've done this before to other family members and friends. just never thought you'd do it to your own children. when he finds out about this he'll want to kill you. and i'll let him." i turn to look back at the road.

"listen i'm trying my best alright. i know you nor anyone will ever forgive me. something happened and i don't know what. but i won't sleep until i get to the bottom of this. i promise you." i scuff. "the bottom of what jeremy?" i look at him and then back to the road. "theres nothing to get to the bottom of. you kill innocent people. no hesitation if they don't do what you want. you're a fucking monster!" i yell at him. he just sits there and stares at me.

"our kids deserve a better father than you." i keep my eyes on the road. "then why don't we give them back?" jeremy doesn't say anything else after that. he's not big on talking when he knows i won't buy his bullshit. he just won't admit it never has and never will. one day he's gonna get himself killed and i'll just stand and watch. marrying him was the biggest regret. it was all good when we were young. but over the years he just lets power get to his head. that shit will never change.

trust me, I've tried and never succeeded. our marriage is going down the drain. and im done trying to save it. its draining me and making me not want to live. but i don't want that i need to be here for my kids. he's the one that needs to leave. and maybe he will knowing we all know the truth. thats why we had to move here because of him. everyone in the town hated him for what he did. me and the kids could've stayed but the youngest wanted to be with their dad. they just don't understand that their father isn't the man they think he is.

i think it's time to tell the oldest the full truth about their father. but from now on its best julie stays with talia and me and the kids go visit family for a bit. because i know he'll leave once we get home. and he won't say a word to me or anyone. he only thinks of himself. he just puts in a good act and my oldest kids are starting to catch on.

narrator:

its the next morning. derek wakes up but she's fast asleep in his arms. he doesn't want to move he's afraid he would wake her. he holds her close her arm wraps around his waist he leans his chin on top of her head. and just closes his eyes again. theres a knock on the door and she jerks awake out of derek's grip she looks to the door and rubs her eyes then looks to derek. he smiles at her as he leans back. "good morning, beautiful." she gives him a sweet smile. 'good morning handsome.' she leans back and pecks his lips. then pulls away and smiles at him. theres a knock again. "yeah?" derek says. the two both look towards the door it opens and talia peaks her head in.