Bad Moon Rising

Kara knew her time as a human was coming to an end the moment she met Nina Dobrev's eyes in the Market place. At age sixteen, Kara could feel the noose of the plot tightening as Talia walked past her. She could feel the good times coming to an end. Kol noticed his sister's hesitation and took her hand in his, pulling her attention back to him.

"What's wrong, sister?" Kol asked, concern glittering in his dark eyes. 

"I don't know. Bad feeling about that girl, like somethings beginning." Kara responded, buying the jar of honey from the lady in the stand. 

"Dangerous?"

"Yes. But not in the way you think." 

Kara was proven correct a few months later, the twins had just turned seventeen. Kara felt the emptiness at her side as she looked around for Kol. It had been nearly an hour since she saw him and she was starting to get worried. She should have known better because the moment she went to go look for him, he appeared before her. 

Before she could get out a word he was already hopping around her like a yapping puppy. "I know something you don't know!" He beamed in a sing-songy voice as he resumed his post directly at her side. 

"Well that won't do, I must know this second." Kara teased back, grabbing Kol's extended hand.

"Well, lady Talia has found herself caught in between two suitors... You'll never guess who!"

Her eyes widened, "No."

"YES!"

"NO!"

"Isn't it hilariously entertaining!?"

"NO! It's horrid!"

"I thought you'd be pleased."

"They are brothers! Why throw away such an important bond, for such a plain girl? How did you learn of this?" Kara huffed. 

"Conniving she may be, but plain she is not. I saw her kissing our noble Elijah and then just now heard Niklaus and him fighting about it. It even came to blows before Father got home." Amusement shone across Kol's features as he watched his kindhearted twin look up at him in horror. 

"Are they alright?!"

"Nik has a black eye and Elijah has a busted lip. Nothing to sever, I assure you."

There was a moment of silence and the mischievous smirk slowly melted from Kol's face as he recognized the genuine concern in his twin's faraway look. "Kara darling, it's a small spat over a pretty girl. I assure you the animosity will fade, there is nothing to be so concerned over." He took her hand pulling her to a stop so that she was facing him. 

"I... I've been having dreams Kol. Horrible dreams... something wicked this way comes, brother. The future of our family is clouded with darkness and blood. There is a bad moon rising and I fear this is only the beginning of our downfall." 

There were moments when the twins grew quiet, where the world disappeared and they sat in understanding. There were no teasing remarks or knowing looks, just understanding. 

In the show, Kol had always felt like an outsider in his family. He was not part of the Always and Forever pact, Finn was always on his own. Kol was often left fighting for attention until he was of use. No one ever understood how he felt when the magic was ripped from his body, no one listened to him ever. Not with Silas, not with his ripper habits, not when he suggested they split up. Kol was always an outcast in the Mikaelson family.