Hiding and Seeking

Kara had spent the next few months separated from her family and religiously dodging Kol. She could feel him losing himself bit by bit through the mystical bond that connected them. Louis and Kara had married in Paris and spent their honeymoon finding those who would benefit most from immortality. 

The second person Kara turned was a woman named Claire. Claire was a young healer that had been monstrously beaten and assaulted. Her abuser left her for dead in an ally only for her to be found by the immortal royal couple. 

Claire had continued her healing practice, using her new-found healing blood for more extreme cases. The Spellman witch provided a daylight ring for the healer when she got a hold of her blood-lust.

Next was a noble's bastard son named Monty, he had always been sick. As a child, he was unable to play with the other children due to his ailments. When he turned twenty-three, he was cast out for being an embarrassment to his father. Kara saw herself in the boy and granted him the option of becoming a vampire. She explained all the pros and cons of being undead before leaving him to decide. In death, Monty could finally live. 

Finally, there were three siblings, Claude, Pierre, and Anne. Their father was a wicked bastard who left the children broken and powerless. Claude was twenty and Pierre and Anne were twin eighteen-year-olds. Something about them reminded Kara about her brother and her. The siblings had a bond like no other and it was heartwarming to see them support each other through the transition. However, seeing the twins did cause a phantom pain in the original's chest. 

She in a way adopted them, granting them the secondary name Kara's- sons or Karson. This name would be given to many of Kara's adopted children over the centuries to come. 

Monty and Anne were quickly taken with each other. Pierre and Claire were also madly in love leaving Claude as the only remaining single member of their party. 

Even surrounded by all the love and lively young vampires, Kara couldn't help but feel the void her family left.

She knew Kol was looking for her. She knew he was getting close. Most of all she knew she missed him. 

"Are you sure about this, my love?"  Louis asked as his darling wife continued to try shooing him away. 

"I miss my brother, Louis... I want to hear him out. This is the longest we've ever been apart and it is breaking me to continue. So take Claude, Pierre, Anne, Claire, and Monty! All you nosey children go stay with Vesta while I await my brother." She insisted smiling her angelic carefree smile that did nothing to satiate his worry. 

After a few more minutes of bickering, Louis finally agreed to leave with one final sweet kiss. 

The moment Louis was out of sight, Kara immediately felt more exposed. It had been the first time she had been completely alone since coming into this world and the horrible cold chill of solitude did not sit well with her. 

Minutes later just as she had predicted the sensation was gone. 

Kol had been chasing after Kara for three months. He was desperate to fill that gaping void left behind by his heartbroken twin. The agony he felt when she left him behind, was worse than death. He should know he had died once already. 

He hadn't been sleeping much. The look of betrayal in her eyes as she held Prince Prat's corpse haunted his nightmares. He had never intended to hurt her. He was afraid that Louis was taking her away, afraid that she was hiding things from him. He never wanted to hurt her. Though in hindsight, what outcome had he truly expected? That she would thank him for killing her lover? That she would kiss his cheek and smile and all would be well? 

He had lost himself in his rage and isolation was his penance. 

But then during his travels, he learned that the fucking prince was alive and well. Apparently, he was traveling with his new wife, Princess Kara. He had slaughtered a small village after hearing this new piece of information. Louis was alive! So why had she not come home? Why had her rage persisted even after the universe returned her precious prince to her?

He prayed that he had not doomed himself. He prayed that his betrayal had not torn their bond beyond repair. He swore to himself that once Kara was returned to him, he would never fail her again. 

When he entered Paris, Kol held little hope of finding his sister. It had been three months of chasing down false leads. But much to his surprise the moment he stepped foot in the city borders a blonde woman approached him. She held a faraway look in her dark eyes, she smiled serenely as she stood a little too close for comfort, "You must be Kol Mikaelson... Your aura feels the same as her's strangely enough, though your souls are different... Kara is waiting for you." 

The cocky smirk vanished from the vampire's face as the witch began to walk away. Mindlessly Kol followed, unconsciously recognizing the stupidity of blind trust in a stranger simply for mentioning his other half. 

Though it was still decently early in the evening the streets grew quiet as they got closer to their destination. In the city, the strange witch took him to a beautiful chateau. She smiled at him, motioning for him to go inside. He found he did not need to be invited in as he stepped foot through the front door. 

As if the spiritual connection pulled taught, he knew that Kara was there. Tears filled his eyes once more as he found her sitting in the front room, sipping mindlessly as a teacup filled with blood. 

She halted her movements mid-sip as she too felt his presence. She gingerly placed her cup on the side table before turning her full attention to her other half. 

"...Hello Brother." 

That was all it took to shatter the still scene. Kol sped across the room falling to his knees in front of his seated sister. He embraced he, ignoring the awkward angle as he sobbed into her neck. "I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Sister. I promise I will never chase you away again just please don't leave me behind!" His voice shook under the strain of his tears. 

Kol fell to pieces in his sister's embrace. Kara too felt tears sting her eyes as she hugged Kol back. She felt the lump in her throat grow painful as she too began to cry. "I missed you, Kol... I was mad... I'm still hurt... But you are my brother. I love you...we are meant to stay together."

"I love you, Kara. Just don't leave me behind." 

"Until forever ends..."

"Until forever ends."