I'll be there for you

Kol and Kara fell back into old habits almost immediately, much to the worry of Prince Louis who could not find a moment alone with his wife when Kol wasn't there. The others adored Kol, but they too noticed the unhealthy co-dependent behavior between the twins. 

For fucks sake Kol refused to even sleep apart from his sister. They had shared a room with all of their siblings growing up, the first time they slept in a bed by themselves was in the Count de Martell's palace and even then they usually snuck over to share a room. 

Their close relationship was cute at first but Louis was slowly growing more and more annoyed. Kol had grown more clingy after the lengthy separation, refusing to let Kara out of his sight lest she disappears again and leaves him behind. 

"We must return soon..." Kara said one afternoon, a distant look in her eye that Kol recognized immediately. 

Ever since her second death, Kara truly could feel when the next plot point was going to occur. As if whatever being that sent her here had placed time stamps to remind her of events. 

Kol didn't ask questions, he simply started packing their belongings. 

"Wait, hold on a moment. What do you mean, my love? Return where?" Louis asked trying to dispel the distant look in his wife's eyes. 

"Are you a fucking idiot? She had a vision. We need to go. Just follow her lead." Kol hissed. Even though he was trying, he really didn't like Prince Louis. After all, it was Louis' fault the twins fought in the first place. 

"Visions? What visions?" Louis asked, pushing her hair behind her ear. Her dazed look faded a bit as she smiled dreamily at Louis' concerned face. 

A scoff from Kol caught the disgruntled prince's attention, "Some husband you are. Tell me, do you know anything about my sister beyond her beauty and taste for blood?" That malicious mocking smirk adorned Kol's face like a crown. Though their individual features were identical, Louis could find nothing of his lovely wife in Kol's cruel face. 

"Are you suggesting that my marriage is shallow? I know my wife, Kol..." Louis was losing himself slightly in his growing anger. 

"I don't have to suggest anything. You are such a stranger to her, you aren't even aware of her ability to see the future." Kol smiled but there was a harsh edge to it. It was as if he was mocking Louis without even trying. 

"See the future? Is that another ability for Original Vampires?" Pierre asked. 

"No. It's a gift only Kara has. She has been able to see the future since we were humans. Did you even know she was a witch before she turned-"

Kara decided to dose the imminent flame of rage before the fighting truly began, "Enough Kol. Our siblings are in danger. We must go to Italy... Our siblings are there. Louis, you must remain in France with the others while I-"

"You can't be serious... NO! Kara, you are my wife, immortal or not, I refuse to allow you to run off to Italy alone with only your mad brother to protect you." Louis hissed, his frustration and concern evident. He was still sired to Kara and as much as he tried to fight it, he was very possessive over her. The usually cool-headed man found himself growing more aggressive as of late, he knew that and he hated it.

"My brother is not mad!" They all flinched at her harsh tone. It was the first time that Kara had truly sounded like a Mikaelson in front of her sires. Her angelic face turned demonic as the blackened veins carved through her golden skin. 

It was the first glims they ever saw of the other side of Kara Mikaelson. 

She was kind. Even in her thirst for blood she had never actually killed anyone. She was protective of those she loved. She loved carefully but deeply. She healed the beaten and broken. She assisted with the switch when she could. She loved her family and even when they broke her heart she still cared enough to run to their aid the moment they needed her.