Hello Katerina

As the centuries passed Mikaelson's only grew in power and prestige. They also grew in paranoia and exclusivity. They were the gods of the supernatural world, only contested by their own father. They trusted each other above all else, relying heavily on Kara's seer ability to know when to leave a place. The year was now 1492, and the new world was being 'discovered' when in reality it had been settled centuries prior by the Mikaelsons themselves. 

It was Niklaus' birthday and they were all readying for the ball. They had settled in England and were living like Nobles once more. They were sitting around laughing and drinking goblets of blood as they readied themselves to entertain. 

"Pray tell, what were you thinking compelling that priest to scream 'hail satan' in the midst of mass?" Finn raised an eyebrow after hearing Kol's tale. 

"I was thinking, I bet this would be hilarious. It was!"  Kol replied, the mischief in his eyes twinkling brightly. 

"They burned the man at the stake," Elijah added, completely unamused. 

Kara grew unnaturally still, pausing her hands that were currently fixing Rebekah's hair. Their heightened senses caught the change immediately. They all knew the signs of a vision at this point, they knew that she was seeing something that wasn't for them to see. They all grew quiet as they awaited her latest prediction. 

Her eyes pulled back into focus, seeing all of her siblings staring at her. 

"Old faces are made new. History repeats itself once more but not for the last time. Hope will not be lost but victory will not yet be won. Beware the ire of the wronged. 500 years of the chase and run. Tonight... it begins. Trevor has something for you, Elijah." Her tone was dreamy and distant, as it always was when she spoke about the future. 

They all shared looks, trying to pick apart the meaning of her words. The 500-year chase could be referring to Mikael, which put the lot on edge. History repeating itself was also a concerning thought. Many tragedies had occurred in their long lives and they weren't exactly thrilled to go through any of them again.

They quickly finished preparing for the ball, the mirth of the day slightly dampened by the anxiety of what was to come. 

The ball was in full swing, and the Mikaelsons mingled with their guests, enjoying the momentary normalcy. 

"Ah, Trevor. I am so pleased you could come." Elijah spoke, posh and noble as ever. Though he wasn't showing it, he was nervous about Kara's prediction. He didn't think it had to do with Mikael as she usually told them outright when the Original Hunter was closing in.

"I could not miss the Birthday celebration." Trevor smiled at the Vampire Lord, pleased with himself.

"Of course not, Trevor...Though it is not my Birthday, my sister tells me you bare a gift for me." Elijah got straight to the point hoping that Kara's ominous words would make sense. Trevor looked momentarily surprised, looking to Lady Kara who was graciously greeting more guests. 

"Right this way." Trevor conceded leading Elijah through the crowd. 

The Vampire was surprised when Trevor brought him to a woman. Her back was facing him but once her attention was grabbed Elijah felt his heart drop to his stomach. 

Old faces are made new indeed, Elijah thought as he gazed at the face of his long-dead lover, Tatia. There she stood, beautiful and radiant as he had last seen her. A complete copy of the face that haunted him so very often in his youth. After five hundred he didn't think he could be surprised anymore. 

"Forgive me... you remind me of someone." Elijah said, breathlessly as he found himself floating through a sea of memories he thought he had long put to rest. 

"Katerina, may I present the Lord Elijah," Trevor said politely, bringing Elijah back to his senses ever so slightly. 

She took his hand, curtsying, "Pleasure, my lord."

"The pleasure is mine, Katerina."

Kol made his way to Kara's side with drinks in hand, "When were you going to tell me Tatia would make a guest appearance?" 

"When I saw the shocked look on your face. I do so enjoy surprising you occasionally brother." Kara teased, watching Elijah nearly lose himself in Katerina Petrova. She was rather pleased Katerina was able to break that ever-stoic facade her noble brother had built up over their extended life. 

They watched with great admiration as Elijah escorted her around the ball. "This is going to end terribly," Kol said, more to himself than to her. 

"It's going to be brutal," Kara nodded in agreeance. 

They watched Niklause join them. After getting over his initial shock, he sent a subtle glance to Kara which most certainly translated to, 'Thanks for the warning, bitch'. 

Kol laughed at the look, knowing they would both hear about this later. Kara could practically feel Nik's excitement at the possibility that his curse could be lifted. 

The days carried on and Katerina remained in their residence. Kara could see the fondness Elijah had for Katerina, even without her foreknowledge. 

Memories of her first life had grown more vague over the centuries. She remembered the big plot points of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, but the details were getting blurry. She supposed that was destined to happen over five-hundred years. 

She knew that she could allow Katerina to be sacrificed. She could stop the entire plot from happening at all. But that strange sense within her that she shouldn't, kept her from doing so. As if the price for gaining a family was helplessness against what is to come.  

Kara sat beneath a great oak tree on their estate, a book in hand but lost in her own thoughts. She heard the heartbeat of someone approaching she glanced up to see the object of her frustration, Katerina. 

"Hello, my lady... I'm afraid we haven't had much time to chat. As I seem to be a long-term resident courting your brother, I would like for us to be friends." the doppelganger said sincerely. 

Kara examined her for a moment, "Come sit with me, Katerina. I'd like to speak with you." 

Katerina nodded, sitting beside the Original. She looked slightly awkward but pleased her extension of friendship was excepted. 

"What would you like to talk about, my lady?" 

"... I have a gift. I am able to see things others can't. I know things I shouldn't. Past and future are clear to me as the present... I know your story, Katerina. I know what has been and what is to come... You do not deserve the path the fates have chosen for you. But your past and future will transform you into something necessary."

"What is that, my lady?"

"A Survivor... The great Katerina Petrova will stare down eternity and smile knowing she survived. There is much pain and heartbreak in your future, but you will survive every trial... I hope you learn to stop running at some point though... You deserve to truly live..." A moment of silence fell around the girls. Katerina sat, mildly weirded out but also terrified. The way the Lady spoke with such certainty scared her. 

"Kara!" They heard the voice of Kol call out. 

"Forgive me. It seems my child needs a nap." Her tone made it clear she was only teasing, but the affection in her eyes shone like the brightest stars. She stood dusting off her skirts. 

"I look forwards to seeing your story play out, Katherine."

Before Katerina could correct her, stating that her name was not in fact Katherine, the Original was already walking away to rejoin with her other half.