Welcome Home

2010 AD. Mystic Falls Virginia

Whispers had filled the halls of Mystic Fall High. A new family had moved back to town, the Mikaelsons, if Caroline's sources were correct. It was rare to see new faces in such a small community so when a new mansion was being built a few miles from the Lockwood estate, rumors began to circle.

Three new kids starting all on the same day. 

The other three mysterious new students came strutting in halfway through the third period, ignoring the populous as they made their way to the front office. 

Two Seniors and their younger junior sister. The Mikaelsons. 

Kara smiled at a few of the gawking teen boys who turned red upon receiving the seer's attention. Kol snarled at a few of the boys who attempted to approach his sisters already annoyed by whatever scheme was happening in his beloved twin's head. 

"Why pray tell, dear sister, are we enduring dozens of prepubescent sexual awakenings and the bio-attack that is axe body spray?" Kol hissed as he remained close to Kara's side. 

The bell rang signaling the end of the passing period. Teens scrambled around them to get to class on time leaving only a few in the hall who had a free period. 

The moment the crowd emptied only two girls remained. 

Kol stopped and stared at the one, losing his sneer and gaining an excited glimmer of mischief in his eye. "You have got to be joking." Rebekah sneered, glaring at the former whore that continued to haunt their family with every reincarnation. 

"Another Doppelganger." Kol giggled to himself, watching as the girl and her friend exited the hall and into the library. 

"That, dear brother, is why we are here." Kara nodded, smiling with that wicked mischief that only really appeared to mirror its twin image. 

"Does Nik know?" Rebekah asked. 

Kara didn't respond verbally, but the wiggle of her eyebrows and the growing smirk was answer enough. No. Niklaus was not aware. 

"There is a Bennet Witch... A doppelganger... Rebekah's ex-lover... and our future sister-in-law... We have much to accomplish and very little time to do it. First things first... Kol join the football team and become friends with a boy named Tyler. Rebekah you are on cheer, become friends with Caroline, she hasn't been through her trauma yet so she's a bit boring at the moment, I promise she'll be more fun later on." Kara gave out orders and they both agreed. 

"And what will you be doing?" Kol asked. 

"I will be visiting an old friend..." Kara smiled, turning right around and leaving her siblings to complete their tasks. 

She sped through town, coming upon an older Virginia home. She knocked politely and Sheila Bennett opened the door. 

"Shoulda known you'd show up when those Spellman witches rolled into town." Sheila teased. Kara had always had a close relationship with witches, being a former one herself. Kol was the same, always infatuated with magic even though the practice was now out of their reach. 

"You know the plan?" Kara asked. 

"No. Only that I'm getting dragged into it somehow. Are my Daughter or Granddaughter involved?" Sheila responded, refusing to invite the original inside regardless of how much she liked the girl. 

"The opposite actually... I'm asking that you not get involved. No Bennett witch should be hurt again because of this cursed Doppelganger...Your ancestors die every time they get involved and I'm asking that you don't. The Spellmans can handle it." Kara spoke, more seriously than she had in a long time. 

"...Is that little girl going to die?" Sheila asked, picturing little Elena, Bonnie's best friend. 

"For a time... But then she will return to the land of the living as a human." Kara answered honestly. 

Sheila nodded going over her options, before resigning herself to trust the seer. "She's messin' around with Vampires... That Gilbert girl. Bonnie knows better than to play with the dead but she ain't listening. Four vampires are in town, besides your family; Katherine Peirce, Louis Peirce, and the Salvatore Brothers... She's dating the younger one, Stefan." 

Kara nodded at the information, "I'll warn my siblings." 

With that she disappeared again, reappearing in front of the school. Rebekah strutted out, new cheer uniform in hand, Kol followed soon after, laughing alongside Tyler and a few other football jocks. They both spotted their sister and made their way over. 

"You could have warned me that Tyler was a brainless Oof," Kol said as he placed his new football gear in the back of the trunk. 

"That brainless oof is a werewolf, who will lead us to other werewolves," Kara answered picking at her nails. 

"Well, I like Caroline. She invited me shopping after school on Friday so I think we'll be friends. What is her purpose?" Rebekah asked, sliding into the back seat as the twins hopped in the front. 

"Caroline Forbes is our future sister-in-law." She said causing Kol to hit the brakes a little too hard. 

"We keep a low profile. I'll make friends with the Doppelganger and invite her to a "girls' night" on the next full moon. Rebekah you will be my eyes to ensure that Caroline remains safe and HUMAN, that is very important. Kol you see if you can meet Mason Lockwood through Tyler, kidnap him, and bring him to the cellar. After that, pick someone to be our vampire, I don't particularly care who as long as it's a new turn. Once the curse is broken, there is so much more to do..." Kara's mind played through the plot, trying to figure out what should change and what should remain the same. 

Kol smiled, glancing at an excited Rebekah in the back seat, "Let's get to work then."