Part 23

Mouyani's POV

"Hey Notti, good morning." I say walking into the kitchen. "Goodmorning my heart, you sleep good? You look mad tired for someone who just woke up." Notti says turning his attention to me. "I fell asleep a little late." I say. 'And by a little...

I mean 3 am.'

Notti looks at me worried so I give him a reassuring smile, hoping he would drop it. "You good?" He ask. I shake my head honestly no. Because I wasn't, and there was no point in hiding something that was obvious. I could see the look on his face and that's when I knew, he wasn't dropping it.

"You wanna.. talk about it?" He says hesitantly. I shake my head no, already feeling the knot in my heart just thinking about it. Thankfully we were out for summer break otherwise I woulda been skippin. He looks at me and sets down the plate he had in his hand to reach for mine.

He holds my hand and looks at me for a long time before talking. "You know you can talk to me, right Mouyani?" He says raising his eyebrows. I finally nod yes on something and he comes out the kitchen and attacked me in a hug. I gladly hugged him back. My eyes widen from realization and I gently push him back. "What's wrong?" He says nodding twords me, looking at me worriedly all over again. "I was with DD and he tried to tell me he was sick but I didn't let him so I don't want you to catch nothing." I say.

"I wasn't." DD says walking beside me, making me jump. I turn to him swiftly and smile. "Why does everybody in this house suddenly have silent footsteps?" I joke, laughing at myself. "You ain't notice him?" Notti asks, dumbfounded and looking at me. I smack my teeth and cross my arms looking back at him. "Nah" I say, trying to hold back my sarcasm but failing.

"You so bipolar, first you was happy, then gloomy, now you mad, and snappy." Notti says, patting my curly hair that was tied back in a messy ponytail with a hood I slept in over my head that belonged to DD. I stare at him blankly and roll my eyes.

Pft I don't know what he's talking about.

"What you talking about, she always like that." DD says snickering. I grin and gently push him. "Shut up." I say, laughing. "See, she laughing because she knows it's true." DD says smirking at me looking into my gaze. "Whatever." I say playfully rolling my eyes. "Keep rolling your eyes, they gon' get stuck." Notti says laughing. I smack my teeth and laugh at them. "I don't got time for this." I say waving them off. Notti picks up his plate again and looks at me.

"Whatever." DD and Notti say in sync mockingly. They laugh, and I look at them like they're slow...

Because they is. They finally stop laughing ,and I smile to myself at the thought of the deja Vu from middle school. "Whatchu smilin for?" DD says smiling. "Can I not smile no more? MR. HYPOCRITE." I say ignoring his question, darting my twords him. He looks at me smiling and shrugs, but stays silent. "That's what I thought." I say with attitude.

"Oop-" Notti says instigating; Before grabbing his plate and nodding towards us as he walks away. DD smacks his teeth and nods twords me. "You giving me attitude in the morning now?" DD says, leaning on the counter smirking. "Yeah, problem with it? What you gon do?" I say, copying his actions but putting more sass into it. He brings his fingers to my chin lifting my face up slightly twords his level and looks into my eyes. I lock gaze with him and he leans forward and I think he's going to kiss me, but he lets my chin go and smiles at me teasingly.

"You'll see." He says. I look at him with attitude dropping, and he smirks at me. Before turning causing us to break our gaze and he walks away still smirking. 'What a tease' I think to myself smiling as he walks away.

I break myself finally from my thoughts finally walking away. I'm gonna go do something.

To be continued...

_______________________________

Um... Hey guys 😬 how you been? 😭✋