Chapter 3

Hope's P. O. V:

I'm in my pink off the shoulder dress outfit I wore when I located the Eclipse Gate during the events in Crocus, my silver hair in a low ponytail tied with a yellow ribbon, and grab my white hand bag.

I'm about to leave for the recording studio in Magnolia when my lacrima starts ringing on my bedside table. Curious, I step over and answer it. I was surprised to find Rogue's face in it when it clears. It looks like he's in his own apartment.

"Hi, Rogue-kun. This is a pleasant surprise," I say, sitting on the edge of my bed with the lacrima in my hands.

"Sorry if I caught you at a bad time, Hope-chan, but you look just about ready to go out somewhere," Replies Rogue.

"I just have a date with the recording studio in Magnolia," I explain.

"Oh. I was going to ask if you wanted to go out with me today but if you're busy..." Rogue begins but I interrupt.

"Oh, no! It's fine, really! If you want, you can come with me?" I offer.

"Really? You're okay with that?" He asks.

I nod my head. "Sure! I'm sure Jason Queen, my manager, won't mind. He's a really cool guy. Bring Frosch, too. Let's meet up at the studio."

"Okay. Thanks. Just give me the directions and we'll be there."

I give Rogue the directions and we hang up, promising to see each other soon.

I then grab my bag and head for the guild hall to let Alec and our teammates know. When I find my team, they're saying something about going on a job. Lucy was the first to notice me.

"Hey, Hope! Where've you been?"

The others turn and Gray wants to know as he takes in my outfit, "Where are you off to? You're not exactly dressed for work."

Natsu jumps in front of me as he holds out a job flyer and says eagerly, "We were just about to go on a job to capture some bandits nearby. Wanna come with?"

I hold up my hands as I say apologetically, "Err, sorry, guys. I have a date to go to instead." This makes their jaws drop.

"A d-date?!" Alec splutters.

"Yes, a date—with the recording studio," I confirm with my arms crossed. "I thought I told you this last night, Alec? Jason and I are recording my new single." Jason Stuart is my manager and producer. Has been since I was a kid.

"Oh, yeah, you did mention that. I kinda forgot. Sorry." Alec chuckles sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

I groan in exaggeration.

"Rogue is also coming. So..."

"So I take it you can't come with us on the job?" Gray finishes.

"Yeah. Sorry, guys. You can go ahead without me."