Chapter 43

Hope's P. O. V:

"This shouldn't be possible," Murmurs the gold eyed man, now standing in the river. "How are you standing?! What did you do?!"

Natsu says as he smirks at him, "You've got me all fired up!"

"I don't get it! Just who are you?!"

Natsu bends his knees with one foot back before he charges for Jackal. Flames swirling around his right fist, Natsu informs the blonde, "I'm Natsu!"

Then he slams his hand against the enemy's face and throws him on his back in the river. Wendy, Lucy and I run/float over to the edge of the river.

Jackal chuckles as he stands up and says, "Idiot! Ha!" Jackal holds his flexed fingers in front of him. "You touched me again." Natsu's right arm glows once more. The blonde holds out his hands. "You know what that means? It's time for you to go nova!"

However, Natsu puts his arm to his mouth again just as the explosion goes off.

"Natsu!" Lucy exclaims.

"Hang in there!" I gasp.

Jackal gasps with disbelief when Natsu is relieved to still be standing.

"That was pretty nasty the first time," Growls the Fire Dragon Slayer as he smirks. "But now I know what to expect!" The Tartaros member gapes at Natsu as he stalks towards him in the river, his eyes seeming to glow golden.

The Tartaros member is quivering as he continues to gape at Natsu.

Then, suddenly, he transforms, causing Natsu to stop in surprise. The man grows larger in size and a larger tail as dog like features form on his face, his teeth growing longer, his nails now claws.

His left eye is revealed to be crimson red with a scar running vertically down it.

Lucy says, "Guess he's not surrendering!"

I warn Natsu, "Watch out! We don't know what he can do in this form."

Jackal gives a loud roar of challenge as Natsu mutters, "Whoa. At least now we know where we got his name!"

Jackal roars and throws his fist forward. Natsu raises his arms to block it but grunts as he's forced back. An explosion blasts out and Wendy, Lucy and I cry out as were thrown backwards. Some buildings were damaged.

Natsu hits the side of a house and clutches his right arm. Jackal punches another house and another explosion rocks out.

Natsu mutters, sitting up, "Punching walls, are ya? Leave the town out of this! Your fight's with me!" Natsu launches himself at Jackal. Jackal brings down his fist but Natsu blocks it. However, the ground beneath him forms a crater.

"I'm a demon, the perfectly most powerful creature there is! Humans are like cockroaches to my kind. Easy to kill."

"You're a demon?" Asks Natsu, an eye squeezed closed.

Lucy mutters, lying on her stomach, "I hope I didn't hear that right..."

Natsu demands, "You the only one? Or is your guild full of demons?"

"I'm done talking!" Jackal pulls his right hand back and it glows. "I came to soul some blood!"

Natsu yells as he throws Jackal's arm off, "If that's the only thing you're fighting for, then you never stood a chance!" He slams a flame filled fist under Jackal's jaw. He then follows it with a kick covered with flames. "'Cause we're fighting for our friends!" Natsu slams another fiery punch into Jackal's face. "The one ms your guild mates tried and failed to kill! I don't care if you're a human, god or demon!" Natsu grabs Jackal's arm and throws him over his shoulder. He lands on his back.