Chapter 33

Hope's P. O. V:

I lower my dome as Gray asks, "Where is it headed?"

Cedric responds wearily, "The village, no doubt. I think it's seeking revenge."

"We've gotta stop it!" Natsu says, clenching his teeth.

"Already on it," I say as I make an Ether Platform form beneath us. I give the Dragon Slayers a warning look. "We have to go fast."

"Wha—?" Natsu begins, only to be cut off when I steer the platform for the exit of the cave, and immediately, the Dragon Slayers are overcome with motion sickness.

Most of my teammates sit down while I head towards the village. The large wolf was galloping at fast speeds.

I cancel the platform and we stare after the wolf.

I say, "I'll try to slow it down. Arc of Magic: Ether Wall." I hood out my hands and a wall as high as the wolf forms. To my shock, it charges right through it, making me grunt at the sudden action.

Gray says in disbelief, "It shattered your wall!"

Wendy says nervously as she heals the male Dragon Slayers, "That's impossible."

I say with a frown, "Okay, then. Let's try something else." I then run on Stepping Stones in the wolf's direction, orbs of ether around my fists. I run in front of it and go to wrap ropes around it to keep it in place, or to try to find it's weak spots, but I was knocked right out of the air as it charges past me, as though it's only intent on reaching the village.

I cry out as I fall, hearing Alec and Rogue call my name fearfully. I manage to flip around and throw my hands out. "Arc of Magic: Ether Cushion!" A large rectangular cushion forms on the ground swiftly and I land on it on my butt, the cushion so bouncy it sinks down low before I bounce right off and land on my feet.

My teammates come running over as Rogue asks worriedly, "Are you alright?!"

I reply, gazing in the direction of the wolf, "Yeah, I'm fine. We have to try to stop that thing."

Alec says, "Let's meet it at the village." We agree and hurry for the village as fast as we can.

                        💥💥💥

We arrive at the village to find the demon wolf scattering villagers and destroying buildings.

"Ether Ropes!" I say as I thrust put my arms. Ropes of ether wrap around the wolf but it just tears right through them. "Ether Blast!" I thrust put my arms and send out a few blasts of ether. They seem to bounce harmlessly off the wolf.

I whip my head around to my teammates as I yell, "The stupid dog won't die!"

"Requip!" Says Erza as her body glows. She is revealed in her Blackwing Armor. Erza takes off for the wolf and slashes her sword in a cross formation. The spell hits the wolf but it simply turns and bats the redhead away. She cries out but catches herself on the ground before doing a couple of back hand springs and requipping into her Giant Armor, the one she used to destroy the purple moon on Galuna Island with.

With a loud grunt of exertion, Erza throws the spear with all her might. I lent a hand by thrusting a surge of magic against the butt of the staff. It rockets for the wolf but it swipes its claws and the spear clatters to the ground.

The wolf roars in annoyance and turns towards us.

Sting mutters, "Well, that got its attention. White Dragon Roar!" Sting shoots a massive white laser at the wolf and manages to knock its head aside.