Chapter 32

Hope's P. O. V:

I was eating lunch at the guild hall while Natsu and Lucy were chatting, Happy eating a fish and everyone else doing their own thing, when Lahar of the Magic Council suddenly shows up.

"Makarov-sama?" The purple eyed man addresses, causing the Dreyar to spit out some of his alcohol he's currently drinking.

"Whatever has happened, I swear these brats have done nothing!" He exclaims, eyes bugging in their sockets while he waves his hands and mug around frantically.

Lahar tells him calmly, "Oh, no! It's nothing like that. I just came to see Hope."

"Me?" I inquire, blinking my eyes as I turn and get up from my seat to go over to him. Turning to me, Lahar nods his head.

"That's right. You're needed for a special job request, Hope," Lahar tells me. "The chief of Fukushima Island is in need of your Arc of Magic's abilities specifically. He'll give you all the details when you get there, but I've heard you can decipher ancient languages and calculus with your magic?"

I nod my head, silently wondering where he's going with this. "I can."

"Then you're the one for the job. That is, if you're up for it?" Says Lahar questioningly.

I think about it for a moment, biting my bottom lip in thought. Finally, I nod my head as I agree, "Alright. I'll do it. But I'll need a team."

Lahar nods as he replies, "Very well. There'll be a ship already hired by the Magic Council to take you and your team to Fukushima Island. I wish you the best of luck."

                       💥💥💥

The sea breeze tosses our hair and clothes as my team (along with Sting and Rogue and their Exceeds) sail for Fukushima Island.

I stand at the prow while our captain steers the ship. She's a young brunette woman with blue eyes.

Rogue comes up to me as he asks, "Something on your mind?"

I murmur, "I'm sure you can already tell with the dragon mate mark." He and the other Dragon Slayers have been treated of their motion sickness by Wendy.

"You're right, but I still wanted to ask. You want to talk about it?"

I was silent for a moment. I say, "I don't know about this job. I mean, yes, my magic can decipher ancient languages and calculus, but I know nothing as to why the chief of Fukushima Island hired me."

"I'm sure you'll find out when we get there," Murmurs the Cheney, putting his hand on my shoulder. I lean into him and he slides his arm around both my shoulders.

It takes us three days to get to our destination. Our captain pulls up anchor by the shore of the large, beautiful island and we disembark. We head for the village while taking in the beauty around us.

"Hope Foster?" Addresses a man. We stop to see a young man around Rogue's age with a bowl cut blonde hair style and light blue eyes wearing armor over his light clothes, a sword strapped to his waist. He bows politely. "I'm Cedric Rogers. I was sent to escort you and your teammates to the chief."

I utter appreciatively, "Thank you."

"Please, follow me." He gestures for us to follow him and we head for a large building further into the village. The front foya was huge with portraits of soldiers and dragons and wolves and we climb up a winding staircase.

We soon reach the top and Cedric knocks on the door.

"Enter," Calls a slightly deep voice. We enter and Cedric closes the door behind us before moving to the front. In the room are a few bookshelves and various tools with a statue of a knight off to one side.