Chapter 14

Hope's P. O. V:

I teleport before the closed doors of the Fairy Tail guild hall in the city of Magnolia, my face furious. I throw open the doors, only to be assaulted by a pink haired idiot with his flaming fist aimed at me.

I activate my Ether Form and slam my fist into Natsu's stomach, causing him to gag as his tan coloured eyes bulge in their sockets.

The entire guild hall stops what its doing at my sudden arrival, and Natsu is thrown back across the guild hall before crashing back first into the bar counter, making Mira gasp.

"Not now, Dragneel. I'm not in the mood," I growl out as I shut the doors using my prehensile hair with a slam that makes the guild members jump.

"That was overkill," Gray mumbles as I stalk towards Makarov who's sitting on the bar counter with a wooden mug of alcohol, a white eyebrow raised at me.

I say with a sigh in my voice as I close my eyes, "He should learn not to attack someone the minute they step foot into the guild hall." I stop before Makarov and deactivate my Form, eliciting a chorus of shocked gasps from around the room.

Gray wants to know with a raised eyebrow, "Gee, what's the matter with you?"

"Gee, I wonder," I snap back with a glare that makes him flinch.

I wince at the throb in my left shoulder blade and rub at it as best I can

"Whoa, what happened to you?" Asks Natsu as he climbs to his feet and shakes his head clear from his crash landing.

"The Akatsuki happened," I mumble, frowning. Everyone's eyes widen at this.

"The Akatsuki again?" Groans Alec in exaggeration as he and the rest of Team Natsu come over. I let out a sigh as I nod my head.

Lucy complains, "When will we catch a break from those guys?"

"I dunno, but it's it turns out that S-class job I was sent on was a trap set up by Persephone," I reply, tiredness creeping into my tone. "That's why there wasn't much info on my two targets. She'd sent two of her strongest S-class wizards, and one of them was a freaking shark dude! He's probably stronger than Natsu because he nearly did me in and was able to shatter my Ether Sphere, and deactivate my Ether Form with no magic!"

Everyone stares at me, stunned.

Erza braathes, brown orbs wide, "You mean, he's stronger than Natsu, a Dragon Slayer?"

I nod. "Yeah. He is an S-class wizard, too. I don't know about his partner, though, as he didn't do much during the fight except throw fireballs at me. But I get the feeling he's just as dangerous. The only way I was able to defeat Shark Man was by absorbing all of his magic power."

"All of it?" Wendy asks in disbelief. I nod yet again.

"It's unlike anything I've absorbed since the attack on Crocus. I don't know what Persephone will do to me next," I say, slumping into a stool. I turn to the takeover mage. "Get me something strong, Mira." She nods and gets me a bottle of whiskey.