Chapter 26

Third Person's P. O. V:

The Fairy Tail and Sabertooth wizards, along with Evie, gather in front of the bar counter as they watch Hope sitting at a table with Rogue, Frosch in her lap.

It was late at night and the guild hall light was on, the room silent save for Mira cooking Hope's meal.

Sesshomaru hadn't come back with them and Erza wonders where he could be. Alec had been healed thanks to Wendy.

"So, the kid really doesn't have any magic left?" Asks Laxus, his arms crossed.

Sting nods his head as he responds, "No, she doesn't."

"Poor Hope-chan," Murmurs Wendy as Mira brings a plate of chicken and salad to Hope, her brown eyes soft. "I can't even begin to imagine what she must be feeling right now."

Sting sighs, "The only one of us who can is Rogue, because of the mate bond."

"That Persephone lady is so gonna pay for this!" Natsu hisses, clenching his fist with one hand.

Lucy asks softly, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Give her time," Erza tells her. "Hope will be back to her old self soon."

"...." Alec doesn't say anything as he gazes worriedly at his sister.

Gray wonders as he gazes around, "Anyone know what happened to Sesshomaru?"

Evie responds, flicking her green gaze to him, "He said he had something to check up on, but I'm sure he's fine, and that he'll come back soon." Gray just nods his head in response.

"Here you go," Says the takeover mage as she sets the plate in front of Hope. There was already a glass of water for her and Rogue.

Hope doesn't respond right away. She mumbles, barely glancing at the food, "Thank you, Mira, but I'm not really hungry."

Mira's eyes fill with concern. "But, you have to eat something to regain your strength."

Hope doesn't answer.

Rogue gently puts his hand on her arm as he urges, "She's right, Hope-chan." Here, the silverette flicks her gaze to him, her eyes dull. "If you don't eat something, you won't have the energy to fight at all if Persephone returns. Please, eat. For me."

Hope takes in the pleading expression in his crimson eyes and it becomes too much for her. Heaving a sigh, she reluctantly picks up her fork and begins to eat as Rogue smiles in relief and removes his hand.

Also feeling relieved now that she's eating, Mira turns and heads back to the bar.

"How is she doing?" Asks Erza gently.

"Not good. She looks really depressed," Responds the eldest Strauss sibling before she puts her hand to her cheek. "I'm really worried."

Gray demands to know, glancing the guild master, "Gramps, isn't there anything we can do? Is there some sort of spell or something that can get her magic back?"

Makarov sighs as he shakes his head and replies, "Not that I know of, I'm afraid."

"Maybe Porlyusica has a potion that might help?" Wendy suggests.

Lucy reminds her, "When Makarov-sama lost his magic power, Porlyusica had to have gathered his magic power in order to restore it. Because Hope's magic was absorbed by another mage, I don't think Porlyusica would be able to restore it."

"If only there was something we can do!" Natsu growls out in frustration, clenching his teeth. He stares at Hope, silently wishing that there was some way to help her, like how she'd helped them in past years.

Part 2: Shadows of Magic (Rogue Cheney X OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें