Chapter 7

Hope's P. O. V:

I whip my head to Rogue in confusion. I take a double look at his left eye, which is glowing a brighter red colour. My own eyes widen with concern. What's up with his eyes?! "Rogue, listen to me! You need to stop this right now!"

"No. I need to take you with me, no one else," Says Rogue before he starts to drag me away from my house. I thump his wrist in an attempt to dislodge it. He wouldn't budge.

"Rogue, I don't wanna hurt you!" I warn him.

Alec breathes heavily as he jumps to his feet with his shoulders slumping and groans, a dark expression on his features, "No, but I wanna hurt you after that, Cheney!" He requips Goldenwave and charges for the Shadow Dragon Slayer.

Rogue finally releases me to engage my brother as Alec swings his water sword. Rogue just turns into shadow to evade the attacks.

I crouch by Frosch as I question, "Frosch, what's going on with Rogue? Why's he trying to take me somewhere?"

The Exceed just hugs my leg as he says fearfully while crying, "Because of some blonde lady but Fro is too scared!"

I gasp at this. "A blonde lady...?" I echo in my thoughts as I hear Alec grunting in pain. I whip my head around to see him be knocked back by Rogue's Waxwing Attack.

Alec snarls, leaning up on his elbows.

I need to intervene before things get really ugly...

Rogue whirls on me and I create a shield to stop him as he charges for me, Frosch clinging to my leg out of fear. I grunt when Rogue brings down his shadow covered fist but my shield holds. "Rogue, stop! You're scaring Frosch," I try to reason with him.

The Cheney doesn't seem to hear me before he hits my shield again, and again, and again, until it finally breaks. I jerk back from the impact as I grit my teeth. "Okay! You need a timeout!" I run up some Ether Stepping Stones so I could get a safe distance from Rogue. I prepare my Sleep Magic. I narrow my eyes at the unnatural brightness of his red orbs.

Before I could however, I hear Natsu shouting as he and Gray run towards us, flames swirling around his fist. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"

Rogue gazes back at him wearily.

Before Natsu and Gray could attack, I throw out my right hand and form a huge rectangular wall to halt them, causing the Dragneel to slam into it.

"What the?! Hope!"

"No, stop! Get away from him," I say desperately, seeing Alec about to attack. I form another rectangular wall to stop him, too.

Gray demands as Natsu tries punching my wall, "What's the big idea?! I was just following your lead." While Natsu can usually easily break my walls, shields and platforms of eternano, it really depends on how much magic power I put into the spell. The same goes for Erza. I think it's because Natsu has the strength of a Dragon Slayer, while normal wizards have trouble or don't usually get through my barriers.

"Don't hurt him! It's Rogue-kun! He's sick, and he's not himself," I beg, my gaze landing on Rogue.

""Not himself?!" He attacked you!" Alec snaps.

I try to reason as Rogue half turns, shaking my head, "I don't understand it either, but look at his eyes! They're bright—not their usual crimson colour. I... I think he's under a spell."

Erza frowns as she asks, "How can you be sure?"

"Rogue would never hurt me for one thing, and he's eyes are brighter, for another. I'll cast a spell that'll allow me to see if someone's under a spell themselves. Arc of Magic: Ether Grid." I send out a grid of ethernano in the area around the Shadow Dragon Slayer and it pulses violently, making me gasp.