Chapter 10

Hope's P. O. V:

Rogue launches shadow attacks at the dark wizards while Erza slashes at them with her sword. She has now summoned another one to handle more opponents with. Erza will occasionally change her weapons from swords and axes, as well as others.

Meanwhile, I have orbs of ether around my fists and I'm firing bolts of ether at any dark wizards. I don't plan on killing any of them, as it's not part of the job, but I'll knock 'em out, at least.

I manage to take out a couple of wizards but a few others shoot Light Magic and Telekinesis Magic. A few bullets of light hit me but they barely hurt due to my Ether Form, but I manage to avoid the Telekinesis Magic attacks.

With grunts of exertion, I launch a few bolts of ether at them. The dark wizards go down with cries of pain. A few more dark wizards charge at me while firing Elemental Magic. I hold out my left hand and send out two huge beams of ether.

They grab onto the dark wizards and I throw them back across the hallway. I duck to avoid another magic blast before I slam a blast of ether into the attacker, taking him down.

A dark mage fires what look like tendrils made of Darkness Magic. I wasn't fast enough and they wrap tightly around me, making the man chuckle.

I grunt with effort as I struggle to get free, but they were wrapped pretty tightly. I gasp when I see the dark wizard about to fire another Darkness Magic spell at me.

I look down at my restraints and focus magic to my eyes. I feel them heat up as they glow bright pink and thin lasers shoot out from them. Steam wafts into the air as my Heat Vision tears through them.

My Heat Vision flickers out momentarily as I hear one of my teammates landing a strong punch to my attacker, knocking him back and causing him to lose his aim, so his attack hits the ceiling above us.

I finally break through my restraints and they drop to the floor. I look up as Rogue comes over. "Are you okay?!" He asks in concern. I see my attack is knocked out on the floor.

I nod as I reply, "Yeah. Thanks for saving me."

"Since when could you shoot lasers from your eyes?" Erza demands to know while fending off a couple of enemies.

I respond, "About two years ago. Handy for getting out of restraints, when I can't use my hands."

Erza looks impressed just like Rogue before she refocuses on the fight, pushing the man and woman back with a grunt of exertion.

I gasp as I see a dark mage about to fire a magic sword at us. "Look out!" On instinct, I grab Rogue's shoulders and throw us down to the floor, the Cheney grunting. The magic sword flies above our heads and lands on the floor behind us.

Rogue blushes up at me as I smile down at him in relief. "... Thanks," He mutters appreciatively. I climb off him and grunt as I swipe my arm across, turning into ether, to create a broad round shield that deflects bullets of light and swords.

The shield breaks after a few seconds and I make another one, adding a bit more power to it. Rogue wraps shadows around his fists and runs at the enemies, using Shadow Dragon Slash.

Erza, meanwhile, has requipped into her Lightning Empress Armor and is shooting electricity from her Magic Spear.

I grunt with exertion as I aim a few blasts of ether at some dark wizards. One of them chuckles evilly as he aims his Element Burst Revolver to something behind me, to my left. I was confused until I follow where he's pointing:

Frosch.

"Frosch, get out of the way!" I exclaim fearfully, causing Rogue and Erza to gasp sharply as they whip their heads around. Too late. The little green Exceed remains in place as the man fires a Fire Bullet spell at him.