Chapter 64

Hope's P. O. V:

Lights of magic flare as my teammates and I clash with the enemy. The Strauss siblings charge right in with Levy while Lily swings his size changing sword and Gajeel his Iron Club.

I remain standing with an orb of ether pulsing around my right wrist.

Gajeel says to his Exceed, "Man, there are a lot of these jokers! But! I've got something for all of them." Gajeel throws his arms above his head, right eye flashing. "Karmic Demon: Iron God Sword!!"

Gajeel brings it down and wipes out a whole group of enemies.

I float up into the air and say lowly, electricity floating around me along with my Ether Hair, "You're all going to pay for what you did to my mate!!"

I then start absorbing the ethernano around me.

A large number of enemies collapse due to lack of magic power once I'd finished draining them dry.

I glare down at the enemy, my expression alone scaring them. I cry out in exertion as I thrust out my hands.

A wave of pink ethernano slams into a platoon of soldiers, effectively wiping out as many as what Gajeel just did. Everyone gapes at me, including the Alvarez soldiers and the Sabertooth Exceeds, both of them sweat dropping.

I ask as I lower my hands, "Now, who's next?"

I perform the same attack as before and wipe out even more men after absorbing their magic power. I'd occasionally use my Wind Magic spell, Whirling Tornado, along with my Almighty Gale spell.

                         💥💥💥

Suddenly, both Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus charge in and and a snow attack slams into a few enemies. Jenny just continues to kick at an Alvarez soldier.

Eve cries out as he attacks, "We'll fight for Ichiya-san! Our hero! A man who was way too young to die!"

Levy exclaims with tears of exaggeration down her face, "He's still alive, you know!"

A few men cry out in confusion as they're trapped in iridescent bubbles before Minerva throws out her fists. "Yuregdo!" They explode. Orga and Rufus grin. "Those savages made our master weak." Minerva turns her head. "No mercy!"

Rogue's Shadow Form slides across the ground and he jumps out, taking out two soldiers with Shadow Dragon Slash. "Feel better... Crybaby-sama?" Rogue asks teasingly as I continue to use my Almighty Gale spell.

Sting just responds, "Call me whatever you want! Who cares?!"

Yukino suddenly bursts into tears.

Flustered, the Cheney yells at her, "Don't you start!!"

After a few minutes, a dark cloud appears. When a man punches it, he suddenly coughs blood and collapses. Then other wizards from our side collapse, too.

"The Grim Reaper!" A giro shouts fearfully.

"RUN!! THE GRIM REAPER IS COMING BACK!! HE'S COMING FOR US AND OUR SIDE AGAIN!!"

"I don't think I'd survive it this time!"

Gajeel and I shoot out Iron Clubs and Ether Beams that pin the Spriggan member against the tree behind him. Those who were fleeing stop and gasp at us in shock.

"No way...!"

Sting and Rogue grin at us.

Gajeel questions the man, a dark look on his features. How do you like being crucified? For me, this is just bringing up some bad memories."

The man says in a monotonous tone, "Better than what your future holds!" His body then turns to Bane Particles and he reappears before Gajeel. "You have touched death!" He grips Gajeel's throat. "There'll be no reprieve and no escape!"

"You think so?" Gajeel asks before he reaches out and grabs the man's own throat. "Which means this must be my lucky day!" Gajeel's body takes on an armor of iron. Then he proceeds to head butt the man which knocks him back and the armor fades. "Because I was getting pretty sick of looking for a place to die."

Gajeel lands and turns his head to me. He orders me, "Queen of Magic, get out of here!"

I was surprised as I ask, "What? Why?"

"This guy's dangerous. If you stayed and anything happened to you under my watch, your brother will turn me into mince meat!"

"But, Gajeel, you know I can just drain his magic power and—!" I try to protest only for the Redfox to cut me off.

"I said go, dammit! Get to your mate!" Gajeel orders.

I hesitate before I purse my lips. I say to him sternly, "Fine."

I turn and float back towards Rogue, standing beside Sting.

"Everything okay, Hope-chan?" The Cheney asks me.

I reply, "Yes. Gajeel is going to handle that Alvarez guy himself."

Rogue tells me seriously, "Since Gajeel is busy, I want you to stay close to me, Hope-chan. That way I can protect you."

I smile as I nod my head and agree, "Okay, Roguey." He smiles back.

Yukino suddenly lets out a gasp.

Minerva asks, "Something wrong, Yukino?"

She says, "Nothing. Don't worry about me."

After a few minutes, a cannon blasts at the Alvarez army.

"Be careful! They're firing cannons!" A girl shouts.

"Hang on! It looks like they're targeting the invaders," Says a man.

"Does that mean it's on our side?" Another asks. "Awesome!" A few more blasts are shot from our backup.

"We've got some serious backup now, guys!"

"Yeah, but who is it?"

Rogue reappears beside Yukino as I land next to him and ask the white haired girl, "Is something the matter? You're not injured, are you?"

Minerva tells her, the backs of her hands on her hips, "Yukino, you can leave the front line, if need be."

"No, it's nothing," She tells us. "I'm sorry. I'll be okay."

The battle between Gajeep and the Bane Particle user wages on. As he's flung into the air, Gajeel yells, "Everyone, get away right now! Don't come near him!"

Gajeel hits the ground with a pained grunt and slides back through a sea of skulls. However, he's saved by Levy who casts a Shine spell, which disperses the skulls.

                       💥💥💥

The Strauss siblings and I continue to attack with Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus. I stick close to Rogue as he'd asked me to before we resumed fighting, and I shoot out powerful waves and tornadoes of wind along with my Ether Crushing Weight and Ether Bolt Storm spell, which is where I shoot bolts of ether in all directions.

After sometime, a bright red light envelopes us.

Then everything seems to change in a flash.