Prologue

THIRD PERSON POV

The whole Giovanni family was enjoying some time in the garden.

Salvatore and Athena were expecting their last child any day now and were taking their time to relax.

They loved their children unconditionally but had always wanted a little girl.

They both had hope like every other pregnancy but were ready to accept that it would be another boy; one in which they would love to their hearts content.

Matheo was the oldest and took it upon himself to play with Marco and Luca.

They were all playing soccer with each other whilst the younger ones were clinging to their father trying to climb on him.

Romeo was on one shoulder and Rocco on the other.

Throughout the day, the brother played with each other, and their love for one another was clearly visible.

After an afternoon in the sun, everyone was ready to head inside and clean up, but as Athena got up she felt wetness around her feet and on her dress.

Her water had broke.

"SALVATORE! QUICK! MY WATER'S BROKE".

Salvatore who was messing with his youngest children ran to her.

He picked her up as gently as he could and grabbed the bag they had prepped.

He told that staff what was going on and to help gather the children.

He placed his wife in the car and got the rest of the children buckled in safely and ordered their driver to get to the hospital.

He wanted his whole family present as this would be their last child.

He held his wife closely and whispered "how are you feeling mi amore?"
Athena just shook her head scrunching her face in pain whilst muttering "contractions".

He understood and just held her whilst looking adoringly at his family.

They were 5 minutes out from the hospital when their youngest, Romeo started speaking. "Momma baby comin? I be big brofer? Me weally want to be big brofer, momma."

Salvatore didn't have to reply as Matheo put him on his lap and started chucking him in the air and tickling him as he chuckles with baby laughs.

"Yes, you're gonna be a big brother baby. You're going to have to be big and strong in order to play with our baby brother like i did with you. You got that? You got them muscles?"

Romeo laughed at first but then turned serious as he tried to show of his muscles whilst trying to punch to show how string he is and that he will protect his baby brother.

It started with Romeo until all of the brothers were comparing their muscles arguing over who would protect their baby brother the most.

"I fink it's a giwl. I fink Momma's got a girl in her tummy. I gonna protect my sistwer." Rocco interrupted everyone whilst smiling.

Everyone's mood dampened a bit as they didn't want to get their hopes up for a baby girl.

Salvatore took Rocco's hands and told him in the nicest way possible that it might not be a girl, and that he needs to be prepared for a boy.

The boy didn't listen and went over to their mother and touched their mother's stomach whilst whispering "sissy".

Nevertheless the rest still went in expecting a boy.