Chapter 16

ALINA'S POV

I woke up from possibly the best sleep I've ever had to beeping.

It was loud and annoying and I really wanted it to stop.

I sighed as I opened my eyes not being able to bear the sound.

I couldn't recognise where I was.

As I looked around the room I realised that I was in the hospital.

I closed my eyes again in annoyance as i realised I'd have to talk to my family about me spilling the beans on everything.

I didn't want to have that talk, I didn't even mean to tell them!

I hoped to not see Matheo's annoying little face for a while.

I looked around the room i was in again. It was massive, I didn't think hospital rooms were this big.

I was feeling a little bit tingly and fuzzy right now and I had no clue why.

My whole family was here but they were all asleep, and I didn't really want to wake them up.

I've probably caused them enough stress for a lifetime.

I should let them sleep. They all looked peaceful right now.

The beeping was right in my ear. I looked at the machine that was making the noise and followed the wire from it to where it was connected to me.

I decided to pull it off of my skin, as it was just a sticker hoping that would stop the noise.

I winced as I pulled the sticker off. I glared at it, not realising that it would hurt.

The beeping stopped though.

I was happy, it was finally quiet.

I thought that was the end of it but then a long beep sound followed and it wasn't stopping.

I sighed in frustration and closed my eyes and laid still hoping to block out everything.

I was just starting to block the noise out when I heard a commotion in the room.

There was crying and shouting but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes.

I was really tired.

Don't mess with me when I'm tired .

I persisted at this meditating style stuff, hoping people would get the message that I'm trying to sleep and would quiet down.

My bed was then moved. MOVED! It was moved down so it was flat.

Now that got my attention!

I opened my eyes and death stared at the person who moved my bed.

Being tired can really change someone.

The guy above my bed in doctors scrubs flinched.

He looked at me as if I just came back from the dead.

"Why'd you move my bed, dude? Could you not see I was trying to sleep?"

He looked behind him scared and just nodded.

"I'm sorry miss Giovanni, we thought we lost you. Your monitor indicated that your heart stopped beating" he said with the palest face I've ever seen.

Recognition dawned on my face.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it!" I said whilst crying.

Why was I crying?

I felt really bad, yeah but I didn't feel like crying.