Chapter 8

ATHENA'S POV
It broke my heart for Alina to see her grave. After 6 years of her being missing we had a moment of rationality. We had to accept in the tiniest part of our hearts that there was a chance she was dead. Of course we didn't fully believe it but creating murals and a grave for Alina gave us some sort of acceptance for when it got too hard.

10 years. It may not seem like a lot of time to some but when you have no idea about the whereabouts of your child and if they're being treated ok, it feels like forever.

Putting in that grave was the worst day of my life. She could have been dead for all we knew all because we couldn't find her.

"But I'm alive? I'm right here?" Alina said looking worriedly at us all.

I smiled sadly at her.

"Why don't we sit down and have a chat. Marco can you give us a minute?" I asked him, wanting some privacy between us and her.

He understood and grimly nodded and walked away before giving us all a sad smile.

I led Alina to the table. Me and Salvatore sat on one side as she sat on the other side.

I motioned for Salvatore to start the discussion but Alina had already started the conversation.

"So uh I don't get it. You guys have this big ass house and garden. I mean you even have body guards and drivers!? Also i have 6 brothers? I'm sorry I'm getting off track. I'm just confused and honestly quite mad on why you guys ditched me as a child if you had no obvious reason to!" Alina said angrily, obviously keeping the majority of it in as she couldn't stay still.

It pained me to know that she thought we would ditch her but knowing her past i can't blame her.

Salvatore tried to reach for her hand but she moved it away and put it under her leg.

"Alina, we would never ditch you. Not ever, no matter the circumstances" Salvatore reassured her.

"So why was I the only one that had to got through the foster care system? You kept all of your sons. Was i not good enough as a child or something?" She questioned with tears in your eyes.

"No, no Alina you're perfect. You were taken. Robbed from your bed when you were 4 years old. We didn't hear or see anyone suspicious. The whole thing was completely unexpected. We tried so....so hard to find you! We never gave up. Me and your mother blame ourselves for the whole thing. If only we went to bed earlier, we could have stopped everything, or at least fought who ever took you." He said with tears running down his face.

We still blame ourselves.

"Wait so you guys, want me? You didn't just throw me away like a piece of trash?" Alina questioned as she picked her nails trying to stop the tears running down her face.

I made my way towards her with my arms open asking for an invitation.

She nodded as she knew what I was asking.

For the second time in this magical day I held my daughter in between my arms.

"Of course not! You are a blessing Alina. Don't ever think you aren't good enough for anyone, ever!"

"Really?"

Me and Salvatore looked at each other and replied in unison.

"Absolutely"

I let go of my daughter and guided her upstairs to her room.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
ALINA'S POV