Chapter 18

DRAMA IS STARTING!!

ALINA'S POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes.

I checked the time and got straight up, wanting to catch my whole family before some of them left.

I had questions that needed answers.

I got my dollar from my little stash inside my bedside table, whilst taking my pain tablets.

I hobbled downstairs as quickly and carefully as i could, not caring about making noise like last night.

I sighed in relief as i saw my parents, and everyone except Adrian. Of course he's still sleeping.

Everyone except Rocco had their backs to me. I went up to Rocco and handed him my dollar.

He knew what i wanted but he still looked at me weirdly.

I smiled and went to go sit at the table.

Everyone's heads turned to me as they heard my chair scraping against the floor.

I chuckled awkwardly and sat down.

"Alina! What are you doing down here? Why did you not call us for help?" My mom asked

Oh shoot.

"I'm feeling ok. Plus i took the elevator" i lied.

My dad nodded, but told me that if i need anything,  i just need to call them. I could see that my dad was not happy with this and if given the opportunity he would carry me everywhere.

"I have a question for you guys though" i said.

That got everyone who was on the table's attention.

"If i wanted to join your business, would there be any sort of initiation?"

"What do you mean?" Marco asked.

"Would there be some type of test for loyalty to prove myself or something?" I asked trying to act as least suspicious as possible.

Everyone was silent.

"Why do you ask?" Romeo asked me.

"Because I want to join your company when I'm older. You're a big company so it must be competitive but I want to do what you guys do"

"NO!" Matheo screamed at me.

Of course he would have the problem.

I stared at him after his little outburst, but he had his head down and refused to make eye contact with anyone. I felt a tug in my heart but i ignored it.

"Why not? Why can i not work for you guys?" I asked them curiously.

"We just don't want you to have to work at all when your older bambina" my mom told me

"But if i did want to work, which i do why wouldn't i work with my family?" I argued back.

Everyone was silent and just staring at me.

"I'm sure you'd get sick of us Alina, you wouldn't want to be with us 24/7. You know how annoying some of our brothers are" Luca said with what sounded like a forced chuckle.

"You know I don't think i would. I'm happy to try it though"

I did not miss the looks they all gave each other.

"Maybe when you're older Alina" my dad told me with a look in his eye.

I just nodded in reply.

I've got a little bit of what I needed.