Chapter 9

ALINA'S POV

The rest of the boys introduced themselves to me.

I knew about the moody Matheo, and the hyper Marco. Luca was next and he had a similar attitude to Matheo. Stone cold faces, not showing much emotion. He seemed nicer than Matheo but I couldn't be sure just yet.

Rocco didn't greet me verbally. Apparently he doesn't speak much. That all good by me as long as he at least likes me. I think he does, he smiled at me as we were introduced.

Romeo gave me the same kinda vibe as Marco. They were definitely partners in crime for any pranks. That was obvious. He seemed kind.

Adrian was last and the closest to me in age, from looks wise. I don't know how old he actually is. He's like a little knight which I think is really cute. I think he really wants me here. He's been very kind even getting my food for me!

Everyone around me had already started eating. I was confused. I didn't know if I was actually allowed to eat.

Emma and Jason never allowed me to in their presence.

There was one time when I had made dinner for them. I had stood in the corner of the room like I usually did.

This time it was different. They got an extra plate and put it on the table. I was confused, until they told me to sit down with them.

I should have known better, but I was just so hungry.

I sat down and reached for some food after they did and was looking forward to it.

Maybe they were starting to accept me.

As I put the chicken on my plate I was punched in the face and then beaten. I was left beaten and bloody on the floor as they continued to eat their food.

Apparently in their minds I should've known how worthless I was and that I didn't deserve food.

I learnt my lesson after that.

"Alina why arent you eating? Is there something wrong with the food?" Athena asked me.

"Um no, it's just I didn't know if I was allowed to eat right now."

Jeez, could I act anymore suspicious?

Everyone froze again. Damn it!

"What do you mean?" Salvatore asked in the angriest voice I've ever heard.

I shrank back.

"Well, usually with Jason and Emma and in the foster home we had to say grace before eating. So do you guys say grace or do I just eat right now?"

Ok I think I deflected suspicions. All except for Matheo who was looking at me as if he saw right through me.

I'm gonna have to stay away from him, not that it would be hard. We hate each other.

"Oh no we don't do that here. Please do dig in. We want you to get to taste the superior food. Italian." Salvatore replied looking much calmer.

I sighed happy to be out of that confrontation.

I picked up my fork and was about to dig in when my phone that I had put into my pocket started ringing.

I didn't have many peoples phone numbers, mainly just the people I work with.

This phone call was from the diner.

I didn't want to answer it as it would seem rude.

"Answer it Alina and put it on speaker, okay?" Salvatore said.