Chapter 26

ALINA'S POV

I'm met with the faces of my parents which are stunned.

"I mean I'm happy to train you myself Alina, but why all of a sudden do you ask this? You haven't mentioned it before" my dad asked me with a curious face after breaking the very awkward silence.

Think fast.

"Well, I understand that we have enemies and I'd like to feel confident in protecting myself. I don't want to be unable to fight back like I was when I was with Emma and Jason" I told them.

It was partly true.

Understanding swirled in their eyes.

"We're happy to train you ourselves Alina, but you can barely walk at the minute! I promise you that as soon as you are healed we will train you in whatever you want" my mother told me with a sad smile as she moved a strand of hair off my face.

As much as I appreciated them willing to do that, it wasn't good enough. I needed someone to teach me the basics, and soon.

I don't want to be pushed around any longer.

I refuse to be.

Plus there's this heavy feeling in my chest that I'm going to need this self defence sooner rather than later. 

I'll find someone who's willing to train me even with some of my injuries.

It mainly my foot that the issue, as my shoulder has been healing faster as I've been trying to use it in everyday life.

It hurts using the crutches even though they're adapted solely due to my bad arm.

I won't be pushing myself as I've also been keeping in contact with my gym coach.

I have the big competition in around 6 weeks.

I should be fully healed by then as long as I stick to the basics right now.

I didn't even care if I don't have practice before the competition, I just want to compete.

I wanted to show my family what I could do and make them proud.

I just haven't got around to telling them about it yet.

I doubt they'd even let me think about it whilst I'm still injured

I'll worry about that later, right now I think I'll just stay here for a while.

I settled in with a heavy, tired sigh.

I felt my parents switch off the lights and settle in around me.

As soon as they tucked me between them their bedroom door slammed open.

We all jumped up in shock only to be met with Adrian's face.

My beating heart died down after a little.

Although I'm doing a lot better with my flinching and being scared at every little sound, some things really trigger me.

A worried expression on Adrian's face turned into a happy one as he made eye contact with me.

He bounded towards us.

"Uh, excuse me? You guys could have told me, you know?" He told us before jumping on the bed.

"Move over Dad, I need to be in the middle" he whined as if dad should have known that.

My dad rolled his eyes playfully at him but ultimately moved over for him.

He settled himself beside me between our parents.

He loves cuddles. I'm pretty sure it his favourite thing in the world.