Chapter 12

MATHEO'S POV

As I was shopping today I was drawn to the AirPods in the store.

I didn't know why at first but an image of Alina flinching at loud sounds popped into my head.

I picked them up and went up to pay when I remembered that she had a really old iPhone.

It wouldn't be compatible, so I picked up an iPhone 13 for her as well.

I got the blue colour as that was the colour of the her skateboard deck.

Now I just had to figure out how I was going to give it to her.

ALINA'S POV

I sat there staring at the headphones in my hands.

I think this was the best gift I had ever gotten, not that I'd ever had one before.

Well apart from Adrian's bear.

I put the headphones on my bed so they would be kept in my eye line as I put my clothes away.

I mean I won't pass up the opportunity to have a new phone, the newest model at that and headphones.

I'd need to get my family's numbers first.

I heard a commotion happening from downstairs.

I heard voices I hadn't heard before.

Being the nosy person I am I decided to sit on the stairs, out of eye sight of the people downstairs.

"YOU WILL LET ME SEE ALINA OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL KILL YOU!" A voice screamed.

Kill who?

My family!

No way! I can't let my family be killed!

I've just been reunited with them.

I will take my time going down the stairs to check on them though.

Just to give me time to prepare myself for what I'm about to face.

I reached the bottom of the stairs, and saw 2 old people and around 15 other people.

Is there a party going on tonight or something!?

"LET ME SEE HER!" The oldest man said getting ready to slap the back of my fathers head.

"HEY! DON'T YOU DARE HIT MY FATHER!" I screamed at the guy.

I had no fear defending my father as I approaching this tall scary man.

I knew my family would protect me. Well most of them.

They could still hurt me but I didn't believe that.

They've shown me nothing but kindness.

I don't trust them fully yet though.

I stared up at the old man, and his eyes softened as he took me in.

He stepped up to me and I stepped back.

"Who are you and why were you going to hit my father!?" I questioned him with my best death stare.

Apparently it wasn't very good as he burst out laughing whilst everyone else had an amused face.

I did not come down here to be a laughing stock!

I crossed my arms trying to give them all a deadly look.

"Alina, this is your grandfather. He wouldn't actually hurt me or anyone for that matter, okay?" He reassured me as he knelt down in front of me.