1] A New Life In A New Universe

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"The voice"
------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark, gloomy night.

The clouds began to engulf the silver moon as Y/n watched the night sky from her rooftop with a cigarette in hand. She heard various screams from her house. "Y/N! YOU DAMN BRAT! WHY IS MY NAME WRITTEN ALL OVER A BLACK NOTEBOOK WITH DEATH NOTE WRITTEN ON THE FRONT! ANSWER ME YOU DAMN BITCH!" Y/n sighed before taking a drag off of her cigarette.

Y/n just wished the book would really work but she knew the answer . . . it wouldn't. It was a cheap knock off she made after watching death note. She loved it dearly and wished maybe her own life could be more like theirs. At Least she wouldn't have to deal with an abusive alcoholic mother and a murderous brother who threatens to kill you ever time you do something that is not even close to their expectations.

She was better than him at everything she did but the little support from their useless and straight up pathetic excuse of a mother was given to him. Her talents and smarts were wasted as she wasn't allowed to opt for higher studies and of course running away in such an area would result in a worse situation.

If she could just get a chance and start over, her whole life would change . . . but she knew too well that all these thoughts and dreams were something she could only imagine and hope for . . . in reality miracles like that don't happen such things only happen in books and fantasies.

Y/n threw her cigarette on the ground before smashing int into the ground to put it out. Y/n stared at her calloused hands when a sudden white light emerged from the full moon in the gloomy sky.

Y/n squinted her E/c eyes due to the harsh light. She looked around in shock when out of nowhere a gentle voice spoke.

"a new chance is all you've wanted child. Now I will grant you what you so desire. I grant you a new beginning!"

Suddenly her head spun and her vision became unclear and fuzzy. She caught her head but her eyes began to shut no matter how hard she tried to keep them open. Y/n fell to the ground, her eyes closed and all she could see was black.