16] Time To Play With The FBI Agent

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
------------------------------------------------------------------

Light remembers one of the rules of the Death Note is that

[when a person's cause of death is written after 40 seconds it will happen] As a result, while doing his normal everyday routine at school, he is able to kill off criminals every hour.

"There seems to be a new lead on this case" Chief Soichiro explains. "Maybe our guess is wrong. Kira doesn't seem to be a student now." Matsuda states confused. 

"No." L mumbles.

Meanwhile

Ryuk and Light were walking down the street. "how do you plan to kill L." Ryuk questioned while flying behind Light. "I'll let the police get to him." Light replied.

"What." Ryuk asked with interest and confusion.

"They may be working together but on the surface, they're suspicious of each other due to L's anonymity." Ryuk cackled at this before yelling  "YOU'RE ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD OF THEM!" Ryuk said with a loud laugh.

time skip

That evening after Light's cram school was over he walked back home in the dark.

"LIGHT I'M NOT ON YOUR SIDE OR ANYTHING BUT THIS JUST MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE!" Ryuk said with a panicked voice.

"What is it Ryuk." Light mumbled to Ryuk in response.

"SOMEONE'S FOLLOWING YOU!" Ryuk said visible uncomftorbale by the stacker.

Light stiffens up and glances back from the corner of his eye.

"HE'S BEEN EYEING EVERY STEP YOU TAKE!" Ryuk yelled still quzzy by the human male that has been following light and their for him.

Light became cautious and while walking into his room, he drew the curtains as he contemplated what to do next.

Meanwhile, Y/N watched from behind as the figure who had been tailing Light stood behind a pole. She stood wearing black cargo pants and a black hoodie with a black face mask and her hood on her head that covers her face completely, making sure her hair or skin tone are not visible including her eyes.

Raye didn't realise that while he followed Light someone followed him too. Y/n stepped closer and pulled Raye into an alleyway. Raye was shocked, he opened his mouth to scream but Y/n covered his mouth with her gloved hand while she twisted his other hand behind his back to pin him.

The male struggled in her hold but she was too strong for him. "I mean you no harm." Y/n whispered but didn't leave her grip on him. He stopped moving and stayed still now. "Raye penber, FBI agent. I know how you're here and exactly why you're here." His eyes widened but he listened calmly. She slid her hand into his coat's front pocket and he felt something fall into it.

"Listen to me carefully Raye, tomorrow Light Yagami is going to ask you for your identification. In no way must you give him your real identity. I am giving you a fake Id. You must go by the name Raymond Perry from now on" Y/N's grip on Raye loosened and she stepped backwards. Seeing this as a chance Raye pulled out his gun and turned around huffing but there was nothing but an an empty alleyway.

Kinda an odd case. L is the only one who still holds onto the student theory and thinks it's strange that the rate of criminals dying has changed since the theory had been put forth. What he does in response is to go behind the task force's back and investigate some of their family members and some close friends of the said families, including Light.

Light knows that someone as smart as L would realize that Kira changing his tactics to run counter to police speculation indicates that Kira has ties to the Police and that's exactly what Light is counting on. he wants L to become suspicious of the police and the police to be suspicious of L.

Light is now confident of the Death Note's abilities after seeing the results on his father's computer. The Death Note can control people's actions before death, but only actions that are within the victim's capabilities

Y/n pov

I glanced at the calendar on my wall. Which has a label for tomorrow that says [day out] 'Tomorrow is the bus hijacking.'