11] Connecting The Dots

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
D/h = dominant hand aka left hand or right hand
------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n pov

Was he . . . Was Light looking at the death note that fell from the sky?

That's why it felt too familiar. That's because I'd watched the whole thing happen before with my own eyes. I looked at my watch that was on my D/h. It was 5 pm. School was over about 2 hours ago . . . that meant that the Death Note was already in Light's hands now.

'What should I do then?' I wondered to myself I always knew that this world follows the plot so this day was going to come soon. 'But what would I do then?' I thought to myself.

'I can go and tell L everything before anything happens but . . . . what's the fun in that.' I thought with a twisted smile.

'Why not play around, after all I was granted a new life so that I can enjoy it.' I thought and my twisted smile became a dark and twisted smirk.

Light's pov

I was looking forward to sitting with Y/n but Akari sat in her seat. I was irritated but nevertheless I let it go, as well as I could that is. After answering a question easily I turned to the window and peered outside when suddenly I saw something rectangular that looked like a black notebook falling from the sky.

I was curious, It was odd that it fell out of nowhere. The teacher called Y/n to help her. Usually we go home together so it was my chance to check out what that rectangular thing was.

I picked up the rectangular thing after class and found it was a notebook that said Death Note on the cover. I was bewildered. I opened it and and read the first rule inside. 

[The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die].

'Hah what a lame joke. Not believing it.' I dropped it back to the ground. only to go back and pick it up moments later. 'Should I show this to Y/n?' I thought but threw away the thought. I read the rest of the rules at home and dismissed it as pretty detailed for a prank. Still curious on the subject, I decided to try it out somehow.

"Children held hostage in a kindergarten!" I heard the news reporter yell from the TV. They displayed criminal on the TV named Kurou Otoharada to be the suspect with a photo of his face. 'Alright . . . . this is my chance' Hesitantly, I wrote his name down in clear letters and waited for 40 seconds to see if he dies of a heart attack as the rules state. 38...39...40.

Nothing.

40 seconds have passed and there's no news of his death. I concluded that it's just a prank after all. 'What a waste of time' I scoffed.

However, just as I was about to turn off the TV, it was reported that not only had the hostages escaped, but also Otoharada collapsed and died. I was too stunned to understand Shocked even, I thought it must be a coincidence.

My mother called me to go to cram school so I decided to test the Death Note again after school. Walking home after school, I wondered if I would be doing society a favor by killing useless people.

'What would Y/n think of this?' I thought as I walk down the sidewalk when I witnessed a girl getting harassed by a biker gang member.

"I'm Takuo Shibumaru! you insolent girl, how can you dare to disobey me!" He yelled. 'now is my chance.' Entering a convenience store, I wrote down the name and cause of death accident. 40 seconds later I seen the biker get hit by a truck moments later, I concluded that the Death Note was real after all.

Y/n pov

I waited for Light to return from cram school so that I could start my plan.

I pretended I was just going to his house when I saw he was close enough to notice.

"Y/n" he called out.

"Oh I was just going over to your house. I needed your opinion on my essay assignment." I lied smoothly and made sure to keep my usual neutral and relaxed expression.

"Sure." he said calmly as if nothing had happened before. We both walked into his house. While we were walking I subtly removed the love letter Light had put in his front pocket of his bag and threw it next to Mrs yagami's feet without her or Light noticing.

'As the saying goes once a thief always a theft' I thought to myself with a small smile, satisfied that my skills in the art of stealing has not faltered.

Me and light, both walked up the stairs and I layed on his bed. "It's been an eventful day." I remarked as I lay comfortably on his bed.

"It . . . has." Light said slowly.

Light placed his bag down and came up to me. I removed my essay from my bag and handed it to him. He began reading but a yell came from down, It was Mrs yagami.

"Light! What is this!" She yelled In the background Sayu squealed.

"Light I knew you had a girlfriend!!" Sayu yelled

'It worked.' I thought with a internal smirk while on the outside I made a confused expression.

I looked at light keeping my confused expression while pointing at the door and tilting my head slightly as to silently say 'what are they talking about?'

Light sighed in confusion and shrugged seeing my expression, understanding what I was silently asking.

"You should go see what that's about." I stated with my usual bored expression but still made sure I looked slightly confused.

"Yeah . . ." Light kept the sheet down and walked down the steps.

Now Is my time. I got up from his beg and went to his school bag and removed the death note from his bag.

I opened the death note and just as I knew the first 2 names were written down already. I flipped to a random page and pulled out my box cutter from my skirt pocket. Precisely cutting out a page in a manner that no one could even guess that it had been touched.

I slowly put it back exactly where it was and made sure that I didn't move it an inch or millimeter from its place. I heard footsteps and sat right back on Light's bed folding the paper from the death note in my pocket.

When Light entered the room.

"What was that about?" I asked as if i didn't know. "Akari gave me a stupid love letter earlier, it must've fallen out my bag. Mom and Sayu found it and got all excited. So irritating." he sighed

"Hn" I said and light shock his head and looked at me with a confused expression

"What does that even mean?" He asked with a smile

I didn't say anything and stood up with a smile on my face "who knows" I say with a teasing smile and Light just shook his head again with a smile still on his face.