14] Light vs L

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
------------------------------------------------------------------

(With the cops)

Interpol convenes for a meeting regarding the rash of deaths of criminals the world over. Accusations and speculation fly over how so many criminals could suddenly die in such a short time, with no known cause of death other than heart attacks. (that they know off)

"I think we should contact L. The world-famous private detective who has solved every case given to him!" A representative at the meeting suggests.

"Would L want to solve the case?!" An officer adds. There is doubt as to whether L would take the case, as they only took cases that interested them. "L has already begun their investigation" A man in a full black suit and glasses announces.

"And who must you be?" An officer yells. "I am the representative of L. Call me W." he announces. The hall erupts into murmurs.

Watari then opens a laptop and a white screen with the letter L in black appears. "I am L" A distorted voice that came through the filters speaks said. The whole room fell into a shocked silence.

"I will need the complete cooperation of the Japanese police to conduct my investigation." The room was now listening closely.

"What we know at present, however, is that the party or parties responsible for the mass murders is most likely based in Japan."

Third person pov

The death's of criminals continued as Light wrote. Now they are noticed by public too. "Looks like people have noticed the deaths!" Ryuk enthusiastically yelled.

"Yes, many are impressed that criminals are dying by masse, while also fearful of what may happen to them" Light said while scrolling on his desktop.

"if they find themselves on the wrong side of the law." Light said while scrolling on his desktop.

 "Huh what's this?" Ryuk asked and light smirked.

"They have a name for me now Kira!"

"Hahahah" Light laughed like a maniac.

"Don't they blame you" Ryuk spat.

"Listen Ryuk. If people were asked if criminals deserved to die, most would argue that it was wrong on a moral level but deep down inside they favor Kira's justice. The rumors and support on the internet for Kira speak to this truth." Light explained to Ryuk.

Y/n's pov

I went to the cafe with Rin. We had ordered a cupcake, cake and a smoothie. I brought him here for timepass. There was a TV in the cafe. I watched my clock closely. "How's the cake?" Rin asked.

"It's good" I said when alas the TV flashed and the news channel began to play.

'Now the fun begins' I thought with a grin.

Light's pov

Suddenly, a worldwide broadcast from the Japanese ICPO office is shown live on television. I turn my attention to the screen as Ryuk also gets interested in what is going on. 

"I head up an International Police Task Force which includes all member nations. I am Lind L. Tailor, otherwise known as L."

A man introduces himself as Lind L. Taylor, head of the investigative task behind Kira and also known simply as L.

The Japanese task force members are surprised that L would show his face having done exactly as L had instructed they are anxious to see if the gambit L proposed would pay off.

"Criminals around the world are being murdered by a serial killer. I consider this crime to be the most atrocious act of murder in history. I will not rest until the person or persons responsible are brought to justice. Merikh, I will hunt you down. I will find you". L States.

"Kira, I've got a pretty good idea what your motivation might be, and I can guess what you hope to achieve. However, what you're doing right now is evil."

My blood boils at this idiot's words. "Hah you loser" I scoff.

When L called my acts evil, I lost my composure. Ryuk watches with a crooked smile as I write down the name of this idiotic man in the death note. "He thinks he can kill Kira? Take this!" I smirk and laugh moments later, Lind L. Taylor suffers a heart attack and dies on live television. I was about to celebrate my victory over L but suddenly . . . . .

Y/N's pov

The screen becomes white and the letter L is in the center. A distorted voice with a filter begins to speak.

"Ah. I had to test this, just in case, but I-I never thought it would actually happen. Kira . . . it seems you can kill people without having to be there in person. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't just witnessed it. Listen to me, Kira. If you did, indeed, kill Lind L. Tailor, the man who you just saw die on television, I should tell you that he was an inmate whose execution was scheduled for today. That was not me." The distorted voice said on TV before pausing for a moment.

"The police arrested him in absolute secrecy, so you wouldn't have heard of him on TV or through the internet. It appears not even you have access to information about these types of criminals. But I assure you, L is real. I do exist. Now . . . try to kill me" The voice in the TV known as L pause once again.

"Can't you do it?" There was silence for a few seconds. I knew Light was so frustrated right now. Since Light cannot kill L due to never seeing his face or knowing his true name. I could barely suppress my grin. I have always loved this scene in the anime.

"Well Kira, it seems you can't kill me after all. So, there are some people you can't kill. You've given me a useful hint. A dealer to a saver. I'll tell you something that I think you'll find interesting. Although this was announced as a worldwide broadcast, the truth is, we are only broadcasting in the Kanto region of Japan. I had planned to broadcast this message around the world until we found you but it looks like that won't be necessary. I know now where you are."

"The police treated your first killing as an unrelated incident, but in actuality, the first of your victims was a suspect in Shinjuku. Of all the criminals that recently died of heart attacks, this one's crime was, by far, the least serious. Furthermore, his crime was only ever reported inside Japan. I used that information to deduce this much. You are in japan and your first victim was little more than an experiment, which means you haven't been killing for very long"

Third person pov

Light grit his teeth in fury.

"We decided to broadcast in Kanto first because of its large populations, and, luckily, we found you. To be completely honest with you, I never expected it would go this well . . . but it won't be too long now before I'll be able to sentence you to death."

"Naturally, I am very interested to know how you're able to commit these murders without being present . . . but I don't mind waiting a little bit longer. You can answer all my questions when I catch you . . . Let's meet again soon, Kira".

There was a moment of silence before the screen went off.

Light was left stunned. His hands were now in fists. "HAHHA HE GOT YOU GOOD LIGHT!" Ryuk laughed maniacally.

Light's eyes twitched and his fists shook with rage. He spoke between gritted teeth.

"Well, L. I accept your challenge."

Y/n pov

'Light had fallen for L's trap. hook, line and sinker.' I thought with a internal grin.