10] 3 years later

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
------------------------------------------------------------------

Third person pov

As time flew by, Y/n and Light grew elder, smarter and closer. The only one who could understand him was her and the only one who can partially understand her was him.

 Y/n is a very hard person to read who has a bad habit of crossing her arms and wearing baggy hoodies, and that's not including the lollipop stick alway in her mouth.

Their junior high school days were full of memories and accomplishments. Y/N topped all her classes without even trying and often slept in her classes due to her being able to answer all of the questions asked in her sleep.

3 years later

Y/n became the popular girl who everyone either wanted to be or wanted to date. Just like Light, she had many contacts but none of them were genuine just like Light but unlike Light Y/n never shown interest in anyone or anything and has broken the hearts of many over the past 3 years. Making people around her without her reliziation started to call her various nicknames such at The Cold queen, The Untouchable Rose, The Cold Beauty, The Ice Empress and so on and so forth.

Light and Y/n were now in their last year of highschool.

Mrs. Yagami flipped the omlet on her pan as Light and Y/n ate toast. Light looked down at his watch to check the time "Let's go Y/n." Light said so both of them are not late for school. 

Light reminds her of the time for school often since Y/n couldn't give two shit's about school and so doesn't keep time for school. Whether she goes to school or not doesn't matter to Y/n so Light would remind her on school related things and events.

Light has leaned over the past 3 years Y/n she only remembers things that she is interested when it comes to social things and that goes with people as well. she only talks to someone if she is interested in them and if she is not she would flat out ignore them completely.

Y/n looked up from her book she was reading and nodded while flinging her bag over and on her shoulder and sticking the last bit of her toast in her mouth. They both walked to school together in a peaceful silence. The sky was dull that day telling Y/n it was going to rain by the why the sky and clouds looked.

Light entered the class and took his seat waiting for Y/n to sit beside him but a teacher stopped her to talk. In that time Akari plopped down next to Light in Y/n's seat and passed him a love letter.

Light silently burned with anger at Akari stealing Y/n's seat, that spot was meant for Y/n so she can be by his side and he by her's. She was supposed to sit next to him but the teacher already started the class so he couldn't say anything about it. 

He put the letter in his bags front pocket planning on burning it later or something of the sort. While Y/n sighed and sat on the other end of the class in a unclaimed seat that was not Akari's since Akari was always doused in perfume and made her desk smell the same as she did.

Y/n pov

I sat on the other end of class next to Rin Nakashima.

I noticed him looking up at me and turned his head away from me when he saw that I noticed his staring.

"Do you not want me to sit here?" I asked with a dull tone in my voice per usual and bored expression plastered on my face.

"NO!" He blurted out while covering his face. 'Oh he was blushing, how adorable.' I just turned away and focused on class. Few minutes into the class I felt a strong sense of deja vu. It's like I'd heard what the teacher was saying before.

I tried to remember but I couldn't. "Light yagami even though this must be so easy for you please translate this in english for us"

I've heard that before Light stood up and answered the question proudly before taking his seat back.

My eyes roamed the class and rested on light's bored face. His head was rested on his hand a second later he was looking outside the window with a weird expression. I couldn't understand, it was like I had seen this happen before. "Y/n" the teacher called out, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"since you are thorough with all the subjects today, Mrs. Yamamoto wants you to help her correct the sophomore's papers" he asked

"Yes sir." I stated before standing up from my seat

I could feel all the eyes on me, including Light. I made my way out the classroom to Mrs Yamamoto and began helping her with grading the sophomore papers.

Mrs. Yamamoto made me wait till all of the  papers were finish so I had to stay overtime. Once I was done correcting papers. I picked up my bag and started walking out the hallway of the school.

I started to think about the strong sense of familiarity I felt before. Down the stairs with each step I took I placed each clue like a puzzle peace. On the last step the image of Light looking outside the window flashed upon my eyes and my eyes widened.

Was He . . . .