9] I Missed You

"talking"
'thinking'
[Reading/writing]
"Speaking English"
(Authors note)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Y/n = your name
L/n = last name
N/n = nickname
E/c = eye color
H/c = hair color
------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n pov

I reached the airport and took the first flight back home. I slept well in the flight and tried to forget about L for the time being so I can focus on Light. I gazed into the night sky filled with stars. Each star symbolised a hope unfilled in the dark world. That's what I thought in my earlier life. Now that I was well off, I'd make my new life way better.

Third person pov

The plane landed late at night in Japan. Y/n walked home with her bags calmly inhaling the night breeze. She decided to walk home even though it is a 6 hour walk if you follow google maps but she didn't mind.

Besides she knows many ways on how to get home faster by cutting through streets and alleyways. She neared her house and dug into her bag for her house keys. It only took her a hour and a half to get to her house by walking her way instead of following google maps.

The sound of her footsteps echoed in Light's room. His eyes widened and he threw his blanket off himself and rushing towards him window. His lips parted when he saw her in all her beautiful glory, Y/n.

He ran down the stairs of his house and slammed open the front door open, Barefooted he ran towards her. Y/n stood in front of her door still trying to find her keys not noticing Light running towards her.

Light threw his arms around Y/N and back hugging her, causing her to flinch but she recognised the presence of the person who is hugging her, making her relaxed her muscles in his hold.

Y/n's bag fell to the floor and she trying to loosen his arms to get her bag but Light tightened his grip around her waist and placed his head in the crook of her neck.

"Light, my keys" Y/n whispered softly.

Light slowly but resentful let go of Y/n. Y/n picked up her bag and removed her key from her bag as she slowly turned to face Light.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked softly.

Light stayed silent and Y/n sighed before proceeding to place the key into the keyhole and pushed her door open once she unlocked it. She placed her bags down and pulled Light inside by his wrist, closing the door behind him. She turned on the lights and turned to face him.

Light pov

"why were you up so late?" she asked with crossed arms. Light who had been looking down at the ground before looking into Y/n's eyes who had a sharp expression, one that was rare to find on her face since she always had a resting poker face.

 Light who had been looking down at the ground before looking into Y/n's eyes who had a sharp expression, one that was rare to find on her face since she always had a resting poker face

The look she gave him made him weak in the knees, that look he has only seen on her face one other time and that did not end well for the that guy. That look was one of pure authority and dominance, that look made most want to submit at her very feet.

 Light has always been both in awe and fearful of that look because he is not able to find himself having any will power whatsoever under that sharp gaze. Under that gaze made Light lose all will power and the inability to disobey whatever she said when she has that expression and menacing feeling about her.2

One thing light knew about this look is that if Y/n is looking at you with this expression you are either fucked beyond high hell or just straight up dead or soon to be. That look unraveled Light and that is what terrifies him. He can not hide when she looks at him like that. He couldn't hide anything from her in general. she reads him like a open book but the thing is, he can't really read her.

y/n pov

Light's eyes didn't have that facade and attitude that they usually do, they showed a foreign emotion that I couldn't comprehend.

I noticed the dark bags under his eyes and what about to say something but Light spoke before I could say a word.

"Don't go away like that." he said while sighing. He closed his eyes and exhaled a relieved breath. He pulled me close and hugged me like he was afraid of losing me.

"Where were you, Y/n?" He said calmly

"I went for a trip to Roppongi " Y/n casually lied so Light won't know how I met L, if that fact was ever found out by him. 

"I told your mother to tell you l wouldn't be back didn't she tell you?" I asked while letting Light hug her till his heart's content.

"She did . . . but I can't live without you..." he whispered barely audible.

"What did you say, I missed that" I ask confused but only heard up to I can't out of what he said.

"Nothing" light mumbled.

Y/n pulled away from Light and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Light, you should sleep you have bags under your eyes" I said with concern in my voice but still kept a dead expression per usual, my sharp expression I had a second ago was gone without a trace with no indicator that it was even there in the first place.

Light nodded his head and placed his hand on mine.

"Goodnight Y/n"

"Goodnight Light"

Light then walked out to his house and layed back on his bed . . .

 Already missing Y/n's presence.